Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th January 2022, 06:24   #741  |  Link
Blankmedia

I might be crazy, but I think the new ex_tools broke smdegrain. Forget the error code I'll check tomorrow
Blankmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2022, 16:37   #742  |  Link
Dogway

Break, I don't know but I have to rebase for prefilter=0 and prefilter=4, that's about what I found, did you find something else?

EDIT: I updated SMDegrain with default overlap=blksize/4 when refinemotion is used. There's a slight increase in detail retention (high and low freq) when there's motion, also a bit less denoising but minimum, so worth it IMO. I also added the curve plot to ex_luma_rebuild() when used as a standalone and also with SMDegrain(show=true), so you know what's going on underneath. Also fixed the small issues related to the 'fulls' args.

Last edited by Dogway; 8th January 2022 at 20:19.
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2022, 18:54   #743  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
I updated SMDegrain
Updated all your scripts to latest versions.

With

SMDegrain (tr=6, thSAD=600, refinemotion=true, contrasharp=false, PreFilter=6, plane=4, chroma=true, LFR=true, DCTFlicker=true)

I get:

Script Error

I don't know what 'fs' means.

(D:/Programmi/Media/AviSynth+/plugins64/ExTools-7.2~Dogway.avsi, line 5678)
(D:/Programmi/Media/AviSynth+/plugins64/SMDegrain-3.4.1d~Dogway.avsi, line 411)
(D:/Programmi/Media/AviSynth+/plugins64/SMDegrain-3.4.1d~Dogway.avsi, line 416)
(D:/Programmi/Media/AviSynth+/plugins64/SMDegrain-3.4.1d~Dogway.avsi, line 416)
(D:/Programmi/Media/AviSynth+/plugins64/SMDegrain-3.4.1d~Dogway.avsi, line 421)
(D:/Programmi/Media/AviSynth+/plugins64/SMDegrain-3.4.1d~Dogway.avsi, line 612)

It doesn't happen for:

SMDegrain (tr=6, thSAD=600, refinemotion=true, contrasharp=false, PreFilter=6, plane=4, chroma=true)

Last edited by tormento; 9th January 2022 at 19:06.
tormento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2022, 19:16   #744  |  Link
Dogway

Yep, thank you! it's a typo on line 5678 of ExTools, should be " str = ex_dlut (str, bi, un)"
Old 9th January 2022, 19:20   #745  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Yep, thank you! it's a typo on line 5678 of ExTools, should be " str = ex_dlut (str, bi, un)"
Thanks, I will fix by hand waiting for yours.
Old 14th January 2022, 06:53   #746  |  Link
Blankmedia

Thank you for all your nice work, do you think a non binarized mt_hysteresis would be possible. Like we could set threshold for each layer, it would then return Us with the original softer mask.

Most of all would this be pertinent.
Blankmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2022, 20:32   #747  |  Link
Dogway

At the time I had a look at mt_hysteresis source code and didn't understand a thing, well maybe only that uses lots of loops so this is not something that can be translated well to AVS syntax, at least efficiently. This is something for plugin developers.
Non-binarized hysteresis sounds strange, what's your use case?

By the way, I released PseudoColor() to map luminosity to a rainbow type heat map, useful for luminosity segmentation or to augment luma ranges and devise its isoparams, but specially useful to debug algorithms such as blend modes or gradient magnitudes, etc. It's fast because it doesn't go through RGB.

EDIT: Also I'm going to start running zopti for optimal frame interpolation, I have a few ideas, not that it will replace FRC but I will experiment a bit.

Last edited by Dogway; 14th January 2022 at 22:10.
Old 21st January 2022, 19:09   #748  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Is the "change limiter" in SPresso somehow possible to turn into a helper function? I did try real.finders sh_limitchange, but it's not working as well as the limit of change in SPresso (somehow starts working only at limit 0.5).
Old 22nd January 2022, 10:21   #749  |  Link
Dogway

sh_LimitChange looks to me like simple ex_clamp/mt_clamp. In SPresso there are two modes with negative and positive 'Limit' and also additional 'Bias' args. To be honest I haven't researched the algo I simply optimized from Didee's original. There's also a limiter by cretindesalpes that I haven't ported.

Check here if it works fine for you.
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:33   #750  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:
sh_LimitChange looks to me like simple ex_clamp/mt_clamp. In SPresso there are two modes with negative and positive 'Limit' and also additional 'Bias' args. To be honest I haven't researched the algo I simply optimized from Didee's original. There's also a limiter by cretindesalpes that I haven't ported.

Thank you, seems to work fine. I can now implement this part in my denoiser much better - i.e. allow the function to utilize the mix of blur+sharpen idea from MCDegrainSharp at full strength and limit the result of the whole process. MDegrains internal limit makes sharpening the super clip pretty much unusable if the limit is low (which it always is in my case).
Old 22nd January 2022, 16:27   #751  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:

I think ex_limitchange should be in ExTools

as for "limiter by cretindesalpes" https://github.com/realfinder/AVS-St...ared.avsi#L476
Old 22nd January 2022, 16:46   #752  |  Link
Dogway

Thanks! I'm a bit busy with Zopti currently but I will try to optimize when I can. Tuning MAnalyse is important as it impacts QTGMC, FrameRateConverter and SMDegrain by picking the optimal pareto of the convex hull. I also want to finish the Harris corner detection and SAD Analysis tool.
I normally don't add ports to ExTools or at least expressions that I don't have full understanding of, I will check what I do as a limiter is some kind of a mask so also considered MasksPack.
Old 22nd January 2022, 23:34   #753  |  Link
anton_foy

Your mod of ChromaReconstructor_faster() is not available anymore? It looks like it does not have a function in the latest transformspack.avsi.
anton_foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2022, 13:52   #754  |  Link
Dogway

Thanks for heads up. I fixed "ChromaReconstructor v3mod" and also a few things in TransformsPack. Should work fine now, let me know.
Old 23rd January 2022, 14:16   #755  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Is there something broken with ex_minblur, or have I copy-pasted/updated something incorrectly? In this example, the clip 'prefilt' is very much washed out, and if you comment ex_minblur out, it's ok.

Code:
clp=DGSource("test.dgi") # regular 8-bit source
prefiltbits=8
orgbits=8

prefilt = clp.convertbits(bits=prefiltbits)
prefilt = prefilt.ex_minblur(r=2, uv=3)
prefilt = prefilt.ex_luma_rebuild(s0=3.0, uv=3)
prefilt = prefilt.convertbits(orgbits)
clp = clp.ex_luma_rebuild(s0=3.0, uv=3)

interleave(clp, prefilt)
Old 23rd January 2022, 14:46   #756  |  Link
Dogway

Loader probably didn't write "_ColorRange" frameprops, then ex_minblur() wrongly assumes PC level and writes the frameprops (will investigate this), and the brightening is performed by ex_luma_rebuild() reading the wrong frameprops, for the time being use ex_luma_rebuild(s0=3.0, uv=3, tv_range=true)

EDIT: The output of ex_minblur() is inheriting the frameprops of the masks (ex_makediff()) so that's why it's "_ColorRange" = 0. By changing the clip order this is fixed. Normally I pay attention to this but it might happen somewhere else.
Fixed line in ex_minblur():
Code:
ex_lutxyz(clp,rg12D,RG4D,"y "+bi32+" A@ x z - B@ * 0 < x A abs B abs < x A - z ? ?",Y=y,UV=uv,fulls=fs)

Last edited by Dogway; 23rd January 2022 at 14:56.
Old 23rd January 2022, 14:54   #757  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:
Loader probably didn't write "_ColorRange" frameprops, then ex_minblur() wrongly assumes PC level and writes the frameprops (will investigate this), and the brightening is performed by ex_luma_rebuild() reading the wrong frameprops, for the time being use ex_luma_rebuild(s0=3.0, uv=3, tv_range=true)
PropShow does indicate _ColorRange=1 after loading the source. Using it after ex_minblur shows that the function overwrites the information with _ColorRange=0, so there's something strange happening there.
Old 23rd January 2022, 15:51   #758  |  Link
Dogway

Check now, I updated SMDegrain(). Results from Zopti will come on a later version fro v3.5.0.
Old 23rd January 2022, 16:42   #759  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:
Check now, I updated SMDegrain(). Results from Zopti will come on a later version fro v3.5.0.
Thanks, it's working now. Looking forward to seeing what you find out with Zopti
Old 23rd January 2022, 23:16   #760  |  Link
anton_foy

Quote:
Thanks for heads up. I fixed "ChromaReconstructor v3mod" and also a few things in TransformsPack. Should work fine now, let me know.
Thanks but I get an error
Code:
Script error: there is no function named 'SI_physicalcores'
on line 105 of the chromareconstructor_v3.2.avsi
My Avs+ version is this Avisynth 3.7.1 FINAL x64
anton_foy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avisynth, dogway, filters, hbd, packs