Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 19th December 2021, 12:38   #24701  |  Link
XYAKIŞIKLI

Hello nevcairiel.

Nevcairiel does not open any of the hls urls and links installed in LAV Filters (hls Apple HTTP live Streaming). While the other media players I have shown in the pictures are playing the hls url and links, the LAV Filters I have installed on my computer do not open the hls url and links. It is very necessary because we watch MPC-HC live TV broadcasts on the computer at work and at home. Our favorite regular player is the MPC-HC player. We prefer the MPC-HC player because it uses less CPU and memory (ram).

The addresses of the sites that broadcast live TV are below. We will be glad and happy if you add codecs that decode hls within these sites.

https://www.cnnturk.com/canli-yayin
https://www.kanald.com.tr/canli-yayin
https://www.teve2.com.tr/canli-yayin

For example, we create the m3u8 file from the live TV broadcasting sites with the Internet download manager of the HLS, HLS_LIVE, HLS_VOD codecs that broadcast live TV.

https://live.duhnet.tv/S2/HLS_LIVE/c.../playlist.m3u8
https://kdlive.duhnet.tv/S2/HLS_LIVE.../playlist.m3u8
https://teve2.duhnet.tv/S2/HLS_LIVE/.../playlist.m3u8
https://2122248084.duhnet.tv//S12/HL...rog_index.m3u8

I really like LAV Filters codec components and I love using them. I wish you continued success, Nevcairiel. Goodbye with my regards.
Thank you for working with LAV Filters.

Detailed picture explanation links

https://imgur.com/19zgPaR
https://imgur.com/U4ifWMr
https://imgur.com/146xOQM
https://imgur.com/0J3ugg5
https://imgur.com/CwceYjm
XYAKIŞIKLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2021, 12:52   #24702  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

These links work just fine in MPC-HC for me. Just make sure you use the built-in HTTP(S) filter, so the Microsoft URL reader doesn't get in the way.
Old 19th December 2021, 16:21   #24703  |  Link
clsid

The problem is on the webserver side. First one has expired certificate. The m3u8 links all give HTTP error 405.
Old 20th December 2021, 23:21   #24704  |  Link
XYAKIŞIKLI

Hello nevcairiel.

Thank you for your kind and gentle response. Also, thank you for your interest.
I tried the MPC-HC player in the latest version and versions before the last version.
It doesn't play any of the HLS links and urls.

It would be nice if MPC-HC player could play and open HLS links and urls.
Nevcairiel is our request. Goodbye and take care, nevcairiel.

Detailed picture explanation link

https://imgur.com/aWSiOzu
XYAKIŞIKLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2022, 02:12   #24705  |  Link
pytyj

Hello, I'd like to ask question about playing Atmos movies on my computer using Potplayer + LavFilters + Madvr.
My Lavfilters has been upgraded to 0.75.1-43. My power amplifier is Marantz Sr7013 and 7.1.4 speakers.
1:When TrueHD is checked, the original sound data 4800hz 24 bit - > is converted to 19200hz 16 bit, which can light up the power amplifier Atmos. Is this the original Atmos data? Has the sound quality decreased?
converted to 19200hz 16 bit amp shows Dolby Atmos

2:When bitstreaming format is unchecked, Atmos decoding is lost and becomes 7.1 channel 4800hz 24 bit or 7.1 channel 4800hz 32 bit.
With the same Atmos track and different settings, the three sounds are compared.
Atmos 19200hz 16 bit sound is relatively small, not lively enough, and the dynamic feeling is small. But there is more sound positioning.
7.1 channel 4800hz 24 bit = 7.1 channel 4800hz 32 bit, louder sound, more lively and dynamic. I like the sound instead, but there is no Atmos.
I wonder. Why are these options so different?
7.1 channel 4800hz 24 bit amp shows Dolby Surround
7.1 channel 4800hz 32 bit amp shows Dolby Surround

Last edited by pytyj; 15th January 2022 at 15:28.
pytyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2022, 10:40   #24706  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

DO not look at Pot's stats, look at what your amp shows.
Old 18th January 2022, 16:20   #24707  |  Link
pytyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
DO not look at Pot's stats, look at what your amp shows.
Now it's very clear that the original track format is 48000HZ 24bits.
But displayed by potlayers is 192000hz 16bit.
The power amplifier only displays Dolby Atmos.
I hope someone can answer whether the actual output track is 24 bits or reducedto 16 bits.Make clear who is wrong, displayed wrong or decoded wrong?
pytyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2022, 16:47   #24708  |  Link
clsid

The tray icon of LAV Splitter can show you the actual format of the audio stream.

When bitstreaming, it is normal that the audio decoder does not show the actual output format of the audio stream. The value you see describes the "wrapper" of how data is transferred. Just ignore it.

When bitstreaming, your receiver is in full control of the audio. It does the decoding, mixing and volume control. So if it sounds worse, blame your receiver.
Old 22nd January 2022, 09:18   #24709  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV Filters 0.76
Code:
LAV Splitter
- NEW: Added an option to re-evaluate subtitle stream selection when the audio language changes
- NEW: Improved advanced subtitle selection syntax with negated flags (positive and negative flags can now be combined for more flexible selection)
- Changed: Improved variant/stream selection in DASH and HLS streams
- Changed: Video streams with the highest bitrate are preferred (if equal resolution)

LAV Video
- NEW: Support for passing DoVi metadata to video renderers
- NEW: BobWeaver (BWDIF) software deinterlacer (a blend of YADIF and Weston, focusing on their individual strengths)
- NEW: Support for FIC screen capture video
- Changed: D3D11 video surfaces are flushed to black before decoding, avoiding green artifacts
- Changed: D3D11 devices are created up to feature level 12.1

LAV Audio
- Fixed: TrueHD bitstreaming could result in A/V sync issues or drop-outs
- Removed: Support for the external DTS decoder (dtsdecoderdll.dll) has been removed
Download: Installer (both x86/x64) -- Zips: 32-bit & 64-bit

A lot of good changes in this version, so lets into it!

LAV Splitter subtitle selection improvements

The advanced subtitle selection syntax in LAV Splitter has been improved, and positive and negative flags can now be combined, for example "d!f" means "default but NOT forced", which was not possible before (without a lot of extra conditions and strict ordering)

This makes negated conditions feel a lot more intuitive and simplifies advanced selection rules for users with very specific requirements.

Additional, a new option was introduced to re-select subtitles when the audio language is changed by the user, which interacts primarily with advanced rules that can make use of the audio language in the selectors as well. This is off by default, but can be enabled in the LAV Splitter options.

Video stream selection improvements

LAV Splitter should now more consistently select higher bitrate variants and higher bitdepth video streams when playing streaming content playlists like HLS or DASH.

BobWeaver (BWDIF) in LAV Video

BobWeaver is the latest algorithm to join the options available in LAV Video for software deinterlacing. BobWeaver is a hybrid algorithm made up of YADIF and Weston-3-Field, focusing on the strengths of both, and in ideal circumstances producing a better image then both algorithms individually, at barely an increased cost to performance.

DoVi metadata

LAV Video can now export DoVi metadata to a video renderer. This allows video renderers to process the DoVi metadata and improve the image. Note that LAV Video does not do any processing of the image itself, so a capable renderer is required.

--

Otherwise, half a year of fixes and improvements have gone into this version, in LAV itself and all external libraries.
If you encounter any issues, or regressions, please report them with as much detail as possible, ideally with a sample file if applicable.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 23rd January 2022 at 23:54.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2022, 12:01   #24710  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
LAV Filters 0.76

Quote:
Code:
LAV Audio
- Removed: Support for the external DTS decoder (dtsdecoderdll.dll) has been removed
1)

2) yeah, about time!
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2022, 23:26   #24711  |  Link
mzso

Hi!

Probably a silly question, but how can I tell that Windows Sonic is working properly. Is it even supposed to work with LAV decoding audio?
I can tell of course it's better than plain downmixing to stereo. But lacking a reference, I can't say if it's decoding Atmos correctly or just plain multi-channel audio as virtual speakers, like old Dolby Headphone and such. (I know very little of atmos and its like.)

(On a side not it's a bit disappointing it apparently completely ignores stereo audio, unlike Dolby Headphone. )
mzso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2022, 11:02   #24712  |  Link
jmone

Nice Update! I had a bit of a play with the new deinterlacer (BWDIF) and while it has promise, it is still not in the same league as HW deinterlacing from CUVID. I know CUVID is deprecated, but in the last update there was a hint that using FFmpegs NVDEC was on the cards. Any thoughts on this at this stage?

Thanks
Nathan
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2022, 12:11   #24713  |  Link
varekai

Thanks for the update, much appreciated!
Question: Will installing 0.76 keep my settings in 0.75.1? Or will it overwrite them?

Best regards
varekai
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2022, 23:54   #24714  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Settings should be preserved when upgrading.
Old 24th January 2022, 10:51   #24715  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
Changed: D3D11 video surfaces are flushed to black before decoding, avoiding green artifacts
When does this come into play? I did notice green artifacts when seeking just now. (madVR shows Directx11)
Or is it only relevant when using Dx11 acceleration. (Which I have disabled for AVC, and is decoded in software.)

Edit:
Experimenting a bit, it seems there's no green with HW acceleration. Which makes me wonder, couldn't the SW decoder do the same?

(By the way, where does this wacky shade of vivid green come from?)

Last edited by mzso; 24th January 2022 at 11:06.
Old 24th January 2022, 10:54   #24716  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Only applies to D3D11 accelerated decoding. Software frames should be grey-ish black when they are filling in for a missing frame, but that part is all handled by FFmpeg.
Old 24th January 2022, 11:30   #24717  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
Only applies to D3D11 accelerated decoding. Software frames should be grey-ish black when they are filling in for a missing frame, but that part is all handled by FFmpeg.
Well, it seems like I get green artifacts with SW, which disappears if I enable acceleration.

On a side note I have long standing problem with SmartDVB where SD channels (mpeg2) would go to blank video. (not sure what fails in the chain) In which case the whole screen turns green, even when I use D3d11 acceleration. (It's set to use all three parts of LAV)
Old 27th January 2022, 17:58   #24718  |  Link
dbezerra

Quote:
LAV Filters 0.76
Code:
LAV Splitter
- NEW: Added an option to re-evaluate subtitle stream selection when the audio language changes
- NEW: Improved advanced subtitle selection syntax with negated flags (positive and negative flags can now be combined for more flexible selection)
- Changed: Improved variant/stream selection in DASH and HLS streams
- Changed: Video streams with the highest bitrate are preferred (if equal resolution)

LAV Video
- NEW: Support for passing DoVi metadata to video renderers
- NEW: BobWeaver (BWDIF) software deinterlacer (a blend of YADIF and Weston, focusing on their individual strengths)
- NEW: Support for FIC screen capture video
- Changed: D3D11 video surfaces are flushed to black before decoding, avoiding green artifacts
- Changed: D3D11 devices are created up to feature level 12.1

LAV Audio
Download: Installer (both x86/x64) -- Zips: 32-bit & 64-bit

A lot of good changes in this version, so lets into it!

LAV Splitter subtitle selection improvements

The advanced subtitle selection syntax in LAV Splitter has been improved, and positive and negative flags can now be combined, for example "d!f" means "default but NOT forced", which was not possible before (without a lot of extra conditions and strict ordering)

This makes negated conditions feel a lot more intuitive and simplifies advanced selection rules for users with very specific requirements.

Additional, a new option was introduced to re-select subtitles when the audio language is changed by the user, which interacts primarily with advanced rules that can make use of the audio language in the selectors as well. This is off by default, but can be enabled in the LAV Splitter options.

Video stream selection improvements

LAV Splitter should now more consistently select higher bitrate variants and higher bitdepth video streams when playing streaming content playlists like HLS or DASH.

BobWeaver (BWDIF) in LAV Video

BobWeaver is the latest algorithm to join the options available in LAV Video for software deinterlacing. BobWeaver is a hybrid algorithm made up of YADIF and Weston-3-Field, focusing on the strengths of both, and in ideal circumstances producing a better image then both algorithms individually, at barely an increased cost to performance.

DoVi metadata

LAV Video can now export DoVi metadata to a video renderer. This allows video renderers to process the DoVi metadata and improve the image. Note that LAV Video does not do any processing of the image itself, so a capable renderer is required.

--

Otherwise, half a year of fixes and improvements have gone into this version, in LAV itself and all external libraries.
If you encounter any issues, or regressions, please report them with as much detail as possible, ideally with a sample file if applicable.
Very interested in the Dolby Vision feature. Any render that supports it yet?
dbezerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2022, 19:45   #24719  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbezerra View Post
Very interested in the Dolby Vision feature. Any render that supports it yet?
There are people actively working on it in libplacebo. But in DirectShow world? Are there even other renderers than madVR and MPCVR (from mpc-be guys)? And no, none of them is supporting it yet.
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2022, 20:48   #24720  |  Link
dbezerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
There are people actively working on it in libplacebo. But in DirectShow world? Are there even other renderers than madVR and MPCVR (from mpc-be guys)? And no, none of them is supporting it yet.
Yeah, I am aware of the efforts with LibPlacebo and I also got a recent build of MPV with DV enabled to play with. However, I do have a problem with FFMPEG and some ATMOS tracks (like Thor Ragnarok as an example) that pushes me away from MPV. I already reported it but no improvements so far. Nev fixed it on LAV, so a DirectShow solution would be best...
dbezerra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter