Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th August 2018, 21:19   #15961  |  Link
killerpot

i dont like new interface

since the new verison i cannot put "B" in ini to my hard drive. i forgot we have to pus b and not B that why when i changed the ini file that cause me problem! i just write if other person forgot like me.

question#2 what is this https://imgur.com/6MkjNLJ new option i want to know when the degrain filter and the other one are used ? if i encode a full bluray.because in the past this option was not their,by default it was at on or at off? in the past? for encoding full bluray. if the anser is no why you activate it by default in the new version 1.23 i test last night.

#3 by the way you broke the subtitle .sup bluray sub when you check convert to "dvd sub" the subtitle preview is broken now no more preview why you have and idea?!

the shutdown option is now confusing !!

and i dont have shitty codec pack im not a noob like you could think.

Last edited by killerpot; 19th August 2018 at 10:09. Reason: ANSER!!
killerpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 11:17   #15962  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
The only thing in RipBot as far as features that I've been looking for is better queue management.
What do you suggest?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 17:19   #15963  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
What do you suggest?
First, I find it very manageable right now and again thank you for your work.

The main feature around queue management I'd like would be to more easily move one or more items in the queue up in priority, without having to turn off jobs in front of them. I don't want the queue to stop once the jobs I need are done (if I turn off the other jobs to more easily "move" the priority) if I'm not around to re-enable the other jobs.

I use a macro key board so what I've been doing for a while now is I have it auto click for me and I move 1 item at a time.

I might be an edge case because I tend to have 100 or so jobs at anyone time.

Right now I don't move things to the top of the queue every day but I believe that is mostly because I don't want to move 10-12 items 1 at a time most of the time. When I do it, it is because I really need something done sooner.

Thank you for your interest.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 17:37   #15964  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

So basically you need ability to select some jobs and move them on top at once? I will see what I can do in this department...
Old 14th August 2018, 03:52   #15965  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpot View Post
since the new verison i cannot put "B" in ini to my hard drive.I have to put B and the name of my hard drive it's its weird.i have to type in ini "B WD Blue 3TB" to make it my temp folder. and anothe r thing my hard drive with the "B drive" dont appear in ripbot264 why? i use your program since 8 to 10 years.

question#2 what is this https://imgur.com/6MkjNLJ new option i want to know when the degrain filter and the other one are used ? if i encode a full bluray.because in the past this option was not their,by default it was at on or at off? in the past? for encoding full bluray. if the anser is no why you activate it by default in the new version 1.23 i test last night.

SOME ONE WILL FUCKING ANSER OR WHAT i come here waisting my time try to ameliorate Ripbot264 respect the pepole who really care fuc&?*&? bi%&%&!

stupid fucking moron extarct a full bluray on my c: drive only a stupid retarded will set a programme like this on the c: hahahas you stupid idiot
I doubt that you will get a response, with language like that !!!!

Clearly, even though you've been using it for so long, you still don't know too much about the "behind the scenes settings".

But drive letter B !!!!
burt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 16:34   #15966  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
So basically you need ability to select some jobs and move them on top at once? I will see what I can do in this department...
Yes, that is a good summary. Thank you and if it turns into a huge job and you don't have time I understand.
Old 14th August 2018, 16:57   #15967  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Yes, that is a good summary. Thank you and if it turns into a huge job and you don't have time I understand.
Actually it is quite opposite
Old 14th August 2018, 21:47   #15968  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Actually it is quite opposite
Awesome news for me
Old 14th August 2018, 21:56   #15969  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpot View Post
since the new verison i cannot put "B" in ini to my hard drive.I have to put B and the name of my hard drive it's its weird.i have to type in ini "B WD Blue 3TB" to make it my temp folder.i have to do it 5 time for working he even send the temp file on c this 1.23 version is a fucking nightmare. and another thing my hard drive with the "B drive" dont appear in ripbot264 why? i use your program since 8 to 10 years.
Do you not see it as an option in the settings in the GUI? I wouldn't directly edit the .ini file.

Quote:
That new option ("Limit to the...") is to not use MT by default as it can be unstable with some filters...that said I have it set so it uses it with all of my filters and it does cause some issues but generally not that many...and a work around for my specific issues is usually start more Encoding Servers.
The option above that is to MT at all or not.

Quote:
#3 by the way you broke the subtitle .sup bluray sub when you check convert to "dvd sub" idx,sub is not dvd sub by the way,the subtitle convert nothing and nothing appear in preview!
I haven't had issues with it. Might be specific to the files you're using. I did stop using it about a month ago and decided to just batch mux subs directly from source to keep title info in the MKV metadata.

Quote:
#4 when you close ripbot you lose your files in queud !!!! another new bug.
Do you mean files in the batch file list? I haven't had that issue. I have had old jobs (ghosts) come back after closing and renewing, but I think that has to do with force quiting.

Quote:
worst version ever since i use this programme!!
and i dont have shitty codec pack im not a noob like you could think.
Personally, the version have only gotten better and better in the last 3+ years I've been using RipBot.

Why do you use the Shutdown option?

You don't need a codec pack, what are you referring to?
Old 15th August 2018, 11:17   #15970  |  Link
Privateer5000

@Atak_Snajpera, one Question. Would it be a big thing that the User can specify a temporary Folder and not only a temporary Drive? For Example c:\MKVWork\Temp? Would save me a lot of Folder Switching if i want to check some Things manually before the encoding starts :-)

Thanks
Privateer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 12:04   #15971  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer5000 View Post
@Atak_Snajpera, one Question. Would it be a big thing that the User can specify a temporary Folder and not only a temporary Drive? For Example c:\MKVWork\Temp? Would save me a lot of Folder Switching if i want to check some Things manually before the encoding starts :-)

Thanks
I could be wrong, but you should be able to specify where ever you want it, already...

In "RipBot264.ini"

[settings]
StoreTempFilesin=
Old 15th August 2018, 17:59   #15972  |  Link
Privateer5000

Doesn`t work for me.
Old 16th August 2018, 07:26   #15973  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Doesn`t work for me.
Try creating this folder location first, (c:\MKVWork) then change the .ini, to suit, and it hopefully will then create the temp folder.
Old 16th August 2018, 08:29   #15974  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:

Thanks
Have you tried right clicking on the job and opening the Job Folder?
It is what I do to not navigate to the temp folder directly first.
Old 16th August 2018, 14:16   #15975  |  Link
Privateer5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Have you tried right clicking on the job and opening the Job Folder?
It is what I do to not navigate to the temp folder directly first.
Ok, that works and helps a lot. Thanks for the hint.

Creating the Folder did not work either but with the right click Hint it is ok for me.
Old 22nd August 2018, 20:58   #15976  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

For anyone having issues with video and audio syncing up after an encode and have tried things like changing the frame rate in MKV tools, you might try copying the timestamp file from source to your encoded file. This is especially helpful with variable frame rate files.

Extracting timecodes (windows batch file):
Code:
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvextract.exe" timecodes_v2 "%%A" "0:%%A_timecodes.txt"
^^ The above is for running the batch file in the same folder as the video files that you want to extract the timestamp info from (source)

Batch importing with Encoded files in the same folder as the extracted timecodes .txt files(windows batch file)
Code:
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "%%~A-fixed.mkv" --timecodes "0:%%A_timecodes.txt" "%%~A"
If you're working with something other than MKVs you'd want to change that in the scripts.

If you need something in py (Linux) let me know

Last edited by byteshare; 22nd August 2018 at 20:59. Reason: typo
Old 25th August 2018, 04:50   #15977  |  Link
tyee

I'm considering trying Ripbot but I see there are lots of tools in there. Are any of them going to be installed into my system or do they run from the "tools" directory? I'm especially wondering about avisynth+ being installed and deleting my current version?
tyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 10:13   #15978  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

RipBot264 installs AviSynth+ MT if
a) AviSynth+ MT is not installed
b) Installed AviSynth+ MT version is lower than in RipBot264 folder (in other words newer version installed in system won't be replaced by old in ripbot264 folder)

You can always disable this auto installation by renaming install.cmd in \Tools\AviSynth
Old 25th August 2018, 10:46   #15979  |  Link
burt123

Atak,

I have to ask, is there an update due anytime soon ??

from what I have found, there's newer versions of Avisynth r2728, MKVToolNix v25, & ffmpeg 20180824
Old 25th August 2018, 12:24   #15980  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Yes...

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360