Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 21st February 2014, 15:04   #541  |  Link
Fahzuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzier View Post
If you would be able to check a million keys every second (which is highly unlikely even with OpenCL)
While this will hardly put a scratch into your reasoning, you are mildly underestimating the speed of CPUs nowadays.

A 5 year old Intel i7 can test roughly 10 million AES keys per second with a simple AES implementation in C/C++.

If you make use of its AES-NI instruction set, it will easily do - sit tight - 300 million per second.

But this will only remove a couple of digits from your number, so subjectively nothing really changes
Fahzuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 20:38   #542  |  Link
dizzier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahzuu View Post
While this will hardly put a scratch into your reasoning, you are mildly underestimating the speed of CPUs nowadays.

A 5 year old Intel i7 can test roughly 10 million AES keys per second with a simple AES implementation in C/C++.

If you make use of its AES-NI instruction set, it will easily do - sit tight - 300 million per second.

But this will only remove a couple of digits from your number, so subjectively nothing really changes
Verifying processing key is not a single AES operation. Unless you know the position of the key in subset-difference tree you must do over 500 AES operations to test one processing key with a single version of MKB. And you have currently 46 MKB versions (not all use different processing keys though). So in the very worst case scenario you must do 23.000 AES decryptions to verify that a given key is not a processing key.

But yeah, that really does not change anything, even if we get hardware capable of doing trillions of AES operations per second
dizzier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 21:32   #543  |  Link
Fahzuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzier View Post
Verifying processing key is not a single AES operation. Unless you know the position of the key in subset-difference tree you must do over 500 AES operations to test one processing key with a single version of MKB.
Actually, it is a single operation. There are roughly 500 entries, each requiring a different processing key, leading to the same media key. All you need is one, you wouldn't be looking to find all 500. Also it's only a single MKB you'd be examining.

Well, and then there is another aes op required to verify, but that's all. 2^129 aes operations to verify all possible processing keys for any chosen one of the "slots" or whatever they are called.
Fahzuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2014, 14:22   #544  |  Link
dizzier

Well, OK, that depends on the approach (examining multiple subset-difference trees might be a better idea as you already have performed a key schedule for the given processing key you are testing). Anyway, you still get a processing key for a single MKB (or few, but not all, depends which tree you happen to crack).
Old 23rd February 2014, 16:31   #545  |  Link
Zombiedeth

What about using OpenCL and Distributed computing? each person participating would only handle a small portion of the key range at a time.
Zombiedeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2014, 17:34   #546  |  Link
dizzier

Please read my reply with the calculations. OpenCL does not change anything at all, it is not a "magic technology that makes anything fast".
Anyway, even if you get a billion machines each verifying billions keys per second you would still not be able to get anything before the sun explodes, Earth is destroyed and universe ends. Even if you can get it a billion times faster with OpenCL it would still not be enough.
Old 27th May 2014, 13:01   #547  |  Link
ghefgpq

Do you know the Media Key or Processing Key AACSv42 and AACSv43
ghefgpq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 13:09   #548  |  Link
dizzier

No, I don't.
Old 5th July 2014, 16:23   #549  |  Link
pvh1987

I just got a portable BD drive for my Macbook Pro. It is a Samsung SE-506CB. When I run aacskeys it says

Code:
The given Host Certficate / Private Key has been revoked by your drive.
Then I found a newer Host Certificate and now it says

Code:
Problem with verifying the drive signature.
I am not sure what to do about this. On my Linux PC with an older Pioneer BD drive, aacskeys usually work fine. I think I might have patched this drive several years ago. I cannot find a patch for my Samsung drive, though.

Do I need a patch or could the problem be something else?

Thanks in advance :-)
pvh1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 22:32   #550  |  Link
dizzier

aacskeys 0.4.0c does not work with host certificates that have Bus Encryption Capable bit set, which is located in the second byte of the host cert. In short, aacskeys 0.4.0c does not support host certificates that start with 0201 (basically all recent ones).

However, the fix is trivial to make. In the aacskeys source code, locate file aacs_ecdsa.cpp. You will find 'aacs_set_cert' function there. Simply remove the first 'if' block (or modify it to allow second byte not to be zero) and recompile aacskeys, it should work.
I believe there was also aacskeys 0.4.0e floating around, hacked by someone, that has this fix applied.
Old 9th July 2014, 21:45   #551  |  Link
pvh1987

Thanks. I did the "fix" and recompiled - now it works. However, DumpHD will not use the recompiled libaacskeys.so and throws an exception:

Code:
Creating GUI... DONE
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dumphd.aacs.AACSKeys.getVersionString()Ljava/lang/String;
	at dumphd.aacs.AACSKeys.getVersionString(Native Method)
	at dumphd.aacs.AACSDecrypter.<init>(AACSDecrypter.java:140)
	at dumphd.core.DumpHD.createDumpHD(DumpHD.java:153)
	at dumphd.core.DumpHD.<init>(DumpHD.java:125)
	at dumphd.gui.Manager.<init>(Manager.java:173)
	at dumphd.core.DumpHD.main(DumpHD.java:1032)
Is the source code for DumpHD available so I can "fix" this as well?

By the way, is somebody working on getting more keys for aacskeys? It seems like all Blu-Rays up to MKBv31 will work, but no new keys have been found since MKBv31 and this is like more than a year ago? Or am I missing something?

Is there other tools available than aackeys that will decrypt Blu-Ray discs on Linux and Mac OS X? I do not care about the keys or if it is not free - i just want to be able to play my BDs in VLC :-)

Thanks in advance :-)
pvh1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2014, 23:24   #552  |  Link
dizzier

VLC supports on-the-fly decryption of AACS using libaacs, which is quite complete, maintained and works quite well. You don't need to use DumpHD, which is basically dead, if you just want to play a movie in VLC. Simply put libaacs library in your VLC directory and your keys in KEYDB.cfg file and it should work.
Obviously you must acquire all needed keys on your own.

As for commercial solutions you can use MakeMKV, which allows you to dump movies or play them in VLC (latest versions can emulate libaacs, so you can play disc directly in VLC without dumping it). It supports latest versions of AACS and BD+ and you don't need any keys.
Old 7th December 2014, 01:55   #553  |  Link
The_Cre8r

Does anyone have a copy of the source and/or release for windows?
The_Cre8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 14:18   #554  |  Link
Kdmeizk

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...65#post1320065

Dead links. Can you update this please ?
Kdmeizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 21:07   #555  |  Link
candela

Someone sent me a new version of Aacskeys 0.4.0f with a fix for this bug so it accepts newer host certificates. The last public certificate just got revoked in MKBv63 though . The package contains source, Win/Linux executables and also DLL versions for use with DumpHD.

edit: included MacOS version is older and not version f

Last edited by candela; 14th September 2018 at 17:34.
candela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2018, 14:44   #556  |  Link
deathtical

Tutorial

Hey guys,

I have tried to read through this thread but haven't really seen any kind of 1-10 or a-z tutorial of how to use this tool. I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit and am very comfortable using cmd as admin (I'm an IT Engineer), I could even throw together a Linux VM if needed. Could someone please point me to a "how to" for this. I know I'm missing something. I run the exe from a cmd window as admin. if i just run the exe it gives me a list of switches and examples of command structure but everything I try fails or hangs. For example, if I type in...

C>:aacskeys e

"E" is my drive. It just goes to a blinking cursor. I've let it sit there for 5 min and nothing ever comes up. I've tried some of the switches like...

-v

And still nothing happens. How long should it take? This is on 4K UHD discs. My drive is UHD "friendly" and recognizes the discs. I have even been able to rip some that I could find the hash keys for. I'd like to use this tool to get the keys directly of the discs that no one has posted yet.

Thanks
deathtical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2018, 17:38   #557  |  Link
jerrycan

It doesn't work for 4K discs.
jerrycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2018, 22:26   #558  |  Link
deathtical

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycan View Post
It doesn't work for 4K discs.
Well, shoot. That's how I found this tool. On another forum some had said they had used this to get keys off of their 4K discs.

Bummer.

Well, thanks for the quick response. Any idea if the dev is working on adding this feature?

Thanks
deathtical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2018, 13:35   #559  |  Link
MartyMcNuts

Corresponding UV for Decrypted C-Value and Media Key

Hi all,

I've spent a few hours reading through this thread (more than once!) but I cannot find the answer for what I am seeking.

AACS keys shows the 'Corresponding UV' that goes with the Decrypted C-Value to get the correct Media Key.

What I would like to know is:

Is this UV located somewhere in the MKB_RO.in file or, if it's not, can someone please explain how it is calculated.

By reading the AACS documents, I've worked out how to decrypt the Media Key and Volume Id to get the VUK, but working out the UV has me stumped!!

I'd really appreciate any words of wisdom!

Thanks...
MartyMcNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2018, 21:28   #560  |  Link
pietro

4K Blueray MKB deducting and infirmations

With manuel: Introduction and Common Cryptographic Elements Book

Interprets Blueray version 61 AACS\MKBRO.inf and AACS\MKBRW.inf file records:
10 Manuel explain with Type and Version, MKBType 00041003 (yet 00031003 inside MKBRW.inf file)
21 Manuel explain with Host Revocation List
20 Manuel explain with Drive Revocation List
81 Manuel explain with Verify Media Key
7F Manuel exclude, yet text message inside forever MKB 1 2 3 .. 61
07 Manuel explain with Subset Difference Index
04 Manuel explain with Explicit Subset Difference
05 Manuel explain with Media Key Data
02 Manuel explain with End of Media Key Block

Now on Blueray 4k discus with 256 ECDSA publick keys found:

ContentRevocation.lst deducted before - identicle with manuel yet 256 ECDSA.
Content000.cer deducted before - identicle with manuel yet 256 ECDSA.

With trying many signings possible with cloud computing every files in 4K Blueray AACS directory.

Only new signings now inside MKBRO.inf deducted with infirmations showed below.

Interprets Blueray version 61 4K "2.0" AACS\MKBRO.inf file records:
10 Identicle with manuel, yet MKBType 48141003
21 Identicle with manuel same datums with same HD Blueray version 61
31 New and infirmations and hypoethsis following
07 Identicle with manuel yet more diffrent datums
20 Identicle with manuel same datums with same HD Blueray version 61
30 New and infirmations and hypoethsis following
F8 New and infirmations and hypoethsis following
7F Identicle with Blureray text message MKB 1..61
86 New and infirmations and hypoethsis following
04 Identicle with manuel yet more diffrent datums
05 Identicle with manuel yet more diffrent datums
28 New and infirmations and hypoethsis following
02 Identicle with manuel

07 04 05 infirmations and hypoethsis:
many more datums
subset-diffrence structures with small "U"
composition with every U-UV subsets excluding many keys of composition with every HD U-UV
hypoethsis: 4K Blueray discus excluding HD Blueray from decryptions

31 infirmations and hypoethsis:
64 bytes datums
31 is 21 plus single bit added 10
Verifys as LA Publick Key 256 ECDSA signatureing records datums 10 21
Hypoethsis: AACS 2.0 Host Revocation List Verificaton
Hypoethsis: bit 10 means 4K

30 infirmations and hypoethsis:
64 bytes datums
30 is 20 plus single bit added 10
Verifys as LA Publick Key 256 ECDSA signatureing records datums 10 20
Hypoethsis: AACS 2.0 Drive Revocation List Verificaton
Hypoethsis: bit 10 means 4K

F8 infirmations and hypoethsis:
0 bytes datums
Hypoethsis: AACS 2.0 no deductings mysteryus please somebody help

86 infirmations and hypoethsis:
no more MKB record 81, how now verify Media Key?
16 bytes datums, same identicle with AACS 81 record size
Hypoethsis: AACS 2.0 Verify Media Key, yet some differing possible?

28 infirmations and hypoethsis:
64 bytes datums
Verifys as LA Publick Key 256 ECDSA signatureing every before records 10 .. 05 datums
Hypoethsis: AACS 2.0 Media Key Block Verificaton

Please somebody put all 4K Blueray MKB versions if not 61 for downloadings and analyzings

Please somebody put Patriot AACS.zip directory 2.1 for downloadings and analyzings

Please somebody put Furry AACS.zip directory 2.1 for downloadings and analyzings

There is more reasons for asking so many this questions. Somebody thank you.
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote