Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 5th June 2017, 12:15   #44001  |  Link
igvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
a 3D LUT shouldn't be mapping it like this but that's really all i have to say. i brought this up to fhoech and i'm not going to force it on him. this is free software done by people in there free time there is a limited.
so that's it nothing more for me to do this topic is over for me.
Finally, the latest ArgyllCMS snapshot fixes the problem with problematic video files and BtB/WtW values being partially incorrectly mapped when using 3D LUT for wide gamut displays.
As stated in Argyll log.txt:
Quote:
Modified cillink to control Video encoded in/out sync level preservation with #PRESERVE_SYNC, and default this to off.
https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/to...ent-snapshots/
igvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 12:30   #44002  |  Link
igvk

madshi, could you please add the current display ICC profile name to the madVR profile rules variables?

I have also noticed a strange bug - having created a profile group under current display device, when I try to edit something there, I am always switched to hdr submenu automatically.

Last edited by igvk; 5th June 2017 at 12:38.
igvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 16:19   #44003  |  Link
cyber201

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylaiyee View Post
There are two solution for this.

1. use the video clock function in Jriver
2. use a custom refresh rate close to 23.976

Actually, I use both and never repeated any frames with my GTX1050
Hi, I have the same problem. My resolution is 3840x2160 @60Hz
What is your custom resolution?
cyber201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 17:46   #44004  |  Link
Damien147

I don't use it all the time but frame interpolation would be great!If this happens I am complete.
Damien147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 18:13   #44005  |  Link
Georgel
Visual Novel Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_OS View Post
1. Disable FSE for full-screen screenshots
2. Hide MPC-HC GUI controls ("1" key by default) for windowed screenshots
3. Press ALT+Print Scrn for windowed screenshot (Print Scrn for full screen)
4. Paste screenshot in any image editor.
5. Save it manually
Thank you!

This method works well.

The only downside is that it is extremely slow and inefficient for saving up to 10 images from a single second of video, takes way too much.

I'm basically taking screenshots from anime to make wallpapers for my computer, but some anime, like Madoka movies, have even 5-7 possible scenes per second and this method is quite slow.

I wonder if there is a faster way to do this (?)
Georgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 18:45   #44006  |  Link
chros

Quote:
After upgrading to madVR v0.91.10 I start seeing two chroma upscaling in OSD
One is super-xbr which I selected, one is Bicubic60 which I didn't select.
Is it a bug or a messed up setting?
It's fine for me with 720p/1080p content on 1080p screen, so it's probably your settings.
super-xbr suggest doubling/quaddoubling.
Old 6th June 2017, 00:49   #44007  |  Link
Olivier C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgel View Post

This method works well.

The only downside is that it is extremely slow and inefficient for saving up to 10 images from a single second of video, takes way too much.

I'm basically taking screenshots from anime to make wallpapers for my computer, but some anime, like Madoka movies, have even 5-7 possible scenes per second and this method is quite slow.

I wonder if there is a faster way to do this (?)
For sure !

Try one of these :

- Screenpresso (Free version available) :
https://www.screenpresso.com/

- Lightscreen (free) :
http://lightscreen.com.ar/

(non exhaustive list)

Then go to Settings and define a default directory, filename, format (png, ...) and hotkeys !

You should disable FSE (Full Screen Exclusive mode) :
madVR Settings --> Rendering --> General Settings

Now you can take screenshots in a very fast way (without dialog), in both windowed and fullscreen modes (disable FSE in madVR)

Enjoy !
Olivier C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 01:25   #44008  |  Link
70MM
X Cinema Projectionist NZ

Quote:
There are two solution for this.

1. use the video clock function in Jriver
2. use a custom refresh rate close to 23.976

Actually, I use both and never repeated any frames with my GTX1050
This is with the video clock ticked in JR.
70MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 01:30   #44009  |  Link
johnnylaiyee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70MM View Post
This is with the video clock ticked in JR.
Did you also disabled bit streaming for it to work?

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk
johnnylaiyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 01:50   #44010  |  Link
70MM

Quote:
Did you also disabled bit streaming for it to work?

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk
No I have never done that, I didnt know...
But I want to bitstream so if I untick it will no longer bitstream will it?

Why doesnt the clock work if one is bitstreaming?
Old 6th June 2017, 02:04   #44011  |  Link
johnnylaiyee

Quote:
No I have never done that, I didnt know...
But I want to bitstream so if I untick it will no longer bitstream will it?

Why doesnt the clock work if one is bitstreaming?
The reason why you have dropped/repeated frames is because the video refresh rate is faster/slower than the audio clock (the intended speed) so it dropped/repeated frames to compensate the speed difference so audio would not be out of sync.

The video clock function of Jriver is to simultaneously tweak the audio clock speed to fit the video refresh rate so no dropped/repeated frames wold occur while keeping the audio totally in sync. This requires the computer to do the decoding work in stead of your AVR. (Bitstreaming can only play with the original speed, so Video clock won't work)

Since disabling bitstreaming Jriver would still sending uncompressed PCM to your AVR (it shows "Mult Chanel PCM" on my AVR), there should be no SQ difference compare to bitstreaming. (Other than the slightly tweaked speed which no human ear would detected)
Old 6th June 2017, 02:09   #44012  |  Link
Dorohedoro

Hi!

Please I need help. I've been playing all my movies without a issue since forever, but now I dont know why the playback its really choppy and the only way to fix this is to use the frame doubler deinterlacing in ffdshow (in raw mode along side with madvr), but even with that turned on sometimes I notice the random agressive judder, its like is skipping a lot of frames at once (and not even one is reported missing on the madvr info display).

No frame drops, perfect timing with reclock and no errors on the info display, but the playback is really choppy, sometimes the movie starts ok, but at some scenes it will start to judder like crazy, and its random with no visible pattern.

What is happening with my setup? I have an i5 with a gforce 660, win 7, potplayer, madvr, lav filters, ffdshow raw and the audio doesnt matter because it shows the same choppy playback even without the audio (what I mean is using another hdmi port, the one I usually use is the one that sends the hd audio to the receiver).

Please help, what is wrong with my setup? and please dont tell me to enable smooth motion, I hate that feature, it makes my movies look like a soap opera on my projector.

Thank you so much!

Last edited by Dorohedoro; 6th June 2017 at 02:11.
Dorohedoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 02:10   #44013  |  Link
70MM

Quote:
Since disabling bitstreaming Jriver would still sending uncompressed PCM to your AVR (it shows "Mult Chanel PCM" on my AVR), there should be no SQ difference compare to bitstreaming. (Other than the slightly tweaked speed which no human ear would detected)
Thanks for your great explaination on this... But sending PCM, what happens when an Atmos film plays?
Old 6th June 2017, 02:24   #44014  |  Link
johnnylaiyee

Quote:
Thanks for your great explaination on this... But sending PCM, what happens when an Atmos film plays?
The only concern here is the support for the additional channels.

DTS-HD, Dolby-TrueHD, DTS-X, and Dolby-Atmos are all lossless bitstreaming technology. They act like FLAC and APE to minimize the size while keeping the quality as the original. Playing uncompressed PCM is like decoding the FLAC and APE to play in its original WAV form. Quality wise they should sound the same. However, DTS-X, and Dolby-Atmos play in more channel than 5.1/7.1 which I didn't test in Jriver if it can support the uncompressed PCM decoding in channel more than 5.1/7.1.

Please do tell me if it works on your system. I will certainly upgrade to a X/Atmos system someday and would like to know.
Old 6th June 2017, 02:33   #44015  |  Link
johnnylaiyee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorohedoro View Post
Hi!

Please I need help. I've been playing all my movies without a issue since forever, but now I dont know why the playback its really choppy and the only way to fix this is to use the frame doubler deinterlacing in ffdshow (in raw mode along side with madvr), but even with that turned on sometimes I notice the random agressive judder, its like is skipping a lot of frames at once (and not even one is reported missing on the madvr info display).

No frame drops, perfect timing with reclock and no errors on the info display, but the playback is really choppy, sometimes the movie starts ok, but at some scenes it will start to judder like crazy, and its random with no visible pattern.

What is happening with my setup? I have an i5 with a gforce 660, win 7, potplayer, madvr, lav filters, ffdshow raw and the audio doesnt matter because it shows the same choppy playback even without the audio (what I mean is using another hdmi port, the one I usually use is the one that sends the hd audio to the receiver).

Please help, what is wrong with my setup? and please dont tell me to enable smooth motion, I hate that feature, it makes my movies look like a soap opera on my projector.

Thank you so much!
If your problem occurs even without software upgrade, I would suggest you to start looking at your hardware.

660 is quite an old card. Sometimes a simple dedusting would do the trick.
Old 6th June 2017, 02:38   #44016  |  Link
Dorohedoro

Quote:
If your problem occurs even without software upgrade, I would suggest you to start looking at your hardware.

660 is quite an old card. Sometimes a simple dedusting would do the trick.
It happens with every renderer, evr, overlay, madvr, vmr... and also with every file no matter the quality, sd, 720p, 1080p...

Do you think the 660 is the culprit? is there any way to test that? its working fine with my games btw.
Dorohedoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 02:51   #44017  |  Link
johnnylaiyee

Quote:
It happens with every renderer, evr, overlay, madvr, vmr... and also with every file no matter the quality, sd, 720p, 1080p...

Do you think the 660 is the culprit? is there any way to test that? its working fine with my games btw.
I would start using the onboard display for testing
Old 6th June 2017, 04:03   #44018  |  Link
Vincent Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
in the meantime, is there a workaround?
Try without DXVA2 scaling?

What OS, GPU and driver are you using?
thanks though if i choose any quality filter other than dxva2 for downscaling, i cant watch 4k60 hdr10 (converting to sdr for legacy screen) at full speed, i get ~50-55fps at most, and gpu usage at 95%.
dxva2 downscaling only one that works nicely, gpu usage only 22%.

Win10 x64 pro
gtx 960 4gb @ 1468/7800
driver 382.33

Last edited by Vincent Vega; 6th June 2017 at 04:11.
Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 05:32   #44019  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
What are you doing with ffdshow? Try disabling it? Try different media player? Look at your CPU and GPU utilization.

BTW smooth motion doesn't give soap opera effect that's predictive/intelligent Frame Creation, something madVR doesn't do, smooth motion just blends.

Last edited by ryrynz; 6th June 2017 at 05:37.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 06:24   #44020  |  Link
cyber201

Quote:
The reason why you have dropped/repeated frames is because the video refresh rate is faster/slower than the audio clock (the intended speed) so it dropped/repeated frames to compensate the speed difference so audio would not be out of sync.

The video clock function of Jriver is to simultaneously tweak the audio clock speed to fit the video refresh rate so no dropped/repeated frames wold occur while keeping the audio totally in sync. This requires the computer to do the decoding work in stead of your AVR. (Bitstreaming can only play with the original speed, so Video clock won't work)

Thanks for your explaination.
But how can i resolve my issue with Kodi DSPlayer?
Is there an option to enable in Kodi?

Thanks
cyber201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling