Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 4th June 2010, 20:55   #2901  |  Link
djsolidsnake86

BUG: directvobsub problem in some video files persist in 0.13
djsolidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 01:41   #2902  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Somewhat unexpectedly, I now have a NVIDIA GTX 470 on my hands for the next 2 weeks. Currently using the Forceware 197.75 driver on WinXP SP3 x86. That driver does work with madVR.

First thing I did was test that Avatar scene which was causing my 7800GTX 512 major grief. There was still a rendering spike, but overall it seems the GTX 470 is able to muscle through it.

At 1920x1080@120Hz display resolution using Spline64 Chroma resizing, the max render (5s) only spiked from 14ms nominally to 20ms and it got through the scene without any dropped frames.

Next I tired something a bit more intensive with a 2560x1440@72Hz display resolution using Spline64 for both Luma and Chroma resizing. During that scene the max render (5s) spiked from 24ms nominal to somewhere between 27-47ms. Each time I run it it seems different. Occasionally it would drop a single frame, most times it would get through without dropping anything. Somewhat odd behavior.

Another thing I seem to be noticing is that when the 3DLut is applied, it looks much sharper and detailed then I ever remember it looking on the 7800GTX 512, but that could just be better Digital to Analog circuitry. Still makes me somewhat wonder if madVR's 3DLut functionality was ever functioning correctly on my 7800GTX 512 in the first place.

For whatever reason (without any direct comparison) playback doesn't seem as smooth as the 7800GTX 512. I'm not sure why, but the GTX 470 feels like it occasionally stutters during playback, even though it rendering like a champ without any dropped frames. Though now that I think about it, eariler in this thread I reported getting occasional stutters without dropped frames with the 7800GTX 512 as well. Hmm... Maybe it's the opposite and the GTX 470 is smoother when madVR is working correctly, so when a stutter happens it's that much more apparent. With the 7800GTX 512 maybe the gap between 'normal' and a 'stutter' was much smaller and less apparent.

I'm not sure if it's related, but on the GTX 470, the max present (5s) jumps between 8ms and 18ms every few seconds when playing back video at 1600x1200 @96Hz (Vsync interval 10.42ms).

madshi, if you have anything you want me to test please ask soon so I can do as much as possible in the time the GTX 470 is available to me. On June 18th it's going back no matter what.

GTX 470
Windows XP SP3 x86
MPC-HC w/ Reclock
1600x1200 @96Hz | 1920x1080 @120Hz | 2560x1440 @72Hz
Single Monitor

Last edited by cyberbeing; 5th June 2010 at 18:01.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 12:12   #2903  |  Link
iSunrise

It seems I was right about the GPU switching power/clock states when using madVR 0.13, as in my case I could indeed solve the max stats(5s) spiking with the option "Power management mode" and selecting "Prefer maximum performance" under "Manage 3D settings" instead of the default "Adaptive" selection. Itīs rock solid now.

(left adaptive, right maximum performance)

For all NVIDIA users, hereīs a very good and detailed article for this on geeks3d:
http://www.geeks3d.com/20090716/nvid...-capabilities/

In short: When you select "Prefer maximum performance" the driver will always force the GPU to work in maximum performance 3D mode and not allow it to switch between power states based on the actual load of the GPU.

This is especially important on mobile variants of the GPUs out there (e.g. 9400M), where the pre-programmed values are very low to save as much power as possible. These values can also be different based on the actual variant of your graphics card, when thereīs a specifically programmed BIOS from a board manufacturer which doesnīt use the reference design provided by NVIDIA.

However, according to the article (not sure if this is still up-to-date) this setting is only available on Vista or higher, so Iīm not sure whether thereīs even a way for XP users to "force" the maximum performance mode.

Now, since always running your GPU at itīs maximum 3D performance is a total waste of energy I created an application profile for KMPlayer (your player of choice), so that whenever I want to play a movie or video, the above setting will take effect, otherwise I still have "Adaptive" selected on the global profile, so that when I e.g. surf the web the lower power/clock states will be used.

Iīm not sure about ATI users though, but itīs possible thereīs also a settings to control power modes. If not, maybe you can solve that by using some 3rd party tool.

@cyberbeing:
Can you report if this is possible on XP, too? If yes, please try it out, I think this should solve your spikes, too. Especially since a GTX470 should be powerful enough for almost every content @1900x1080@120Hz (at the very least) and Spline64 chroma upsampling when youīre on maximum performance 3D mode.

@madshi:
On a 1920x1200 display resolution, windowed-mode is always resizing (at least for) 1080p content with madVR 0.13. madVRīs OSD shows the movie resolution as 1920, 800 and the target rectangle as 0, 3, 1902, 796 which will always invoke downsampling. The captures from above show fullscreen (left) and windowed-mode (right) screenshots. Fullscreen mode is ok. Is this intended, normal behaviour?

Last edited by iSunrise; 5th June 2010 at 12:41.
iSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 13:11   #2904  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
In madvr I have the anti trearing fix disabled, in reclock I have vsync correction enabled.
Please disable Reclock vsync correction. It doesn't help madVR, instead it makes things more difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
madVR's "Connection media type" from its input pin seems a bit odd now.

The horizontal sizes are being rounded up to either 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, or 4096.

[...]

Since it appears to be purposeful, why was this change made?
I've done that because VMR9 does it the same way. I thought decoders would be happier this way. But I've already reverted that change in my sources because I didn't notice any improvement anywhere.

Quote:
Using the madVR [debug].ax appears to completely eliminate the lag going from fullscreen to windowed and windowed to fullscreen.
Weird. Probably some kind of strange timing issue.

Quote:
I've also run into another problem which caused a hang when opening a video with MPC-HC. I believe this problem may have existed in prior versions of madVR as well. Or for all I know, it may not be madVR to blame at all.
Don't know, the log doesn't help in this case.

Quote:
In the mean time, could you please quickly release a 0.13 debug build with logging disabled or optional logging
The "debug build" is the same as the "release build", just with added logging code. That's the only difference. If I disable logging, you end up with the release build, once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
I know my GPU is a bit slow, 7600 GT 256mb and Core 2 Duo E6600, but I've noticed a slowdown in 0.13 especially if I use Spline36 resizer and going between windowed and fullscreen mode (720p movies). I don't mind using Mitchell for luma upscaling, but the switching lag is quite noticeable. Thanks for the continued updates
Your post lacks OS information, Aero on/off, display mode etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
madshi, I have uploaded a sample that displays in the correct AR with renderers other than madVR.

It should fill the screen 16:9 and does, just not with madVR. Forgive the 68mb file size. If its too large I'll try to make another sample from it. Its the trailer for "The World Is Not Enough".
Incorrect AR also happend with VMR9 on my PC, at a quick check. Which decoder and splitter are you using? Please everyone, if you upload aspect ratio clips, always state the decoder and splitter you're using, because they play a key role in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp_anton View Post
Fullscreen -> win+D (minimize everything):
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7114/madvr.png

Not a big problem since the picture comes back when you press play, but just in case it's easy to fix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsolidsnake86 View Post
BUG: directvobsub problem in some video files persist in 0.13
Which problem?

Quote:
Another thing I seem to be noticing is that when the 3DLut is applied, it looks much sharper and detailed then I ever remember it looking on the 7800GTX 512, but that could just be better Digital to Analog circuitry. Still makes me somewhat wonder if madVR's 3DLut functionality was ever functioning correctly on my 7800GTX 512 in the first place.
The 3dlut either works or doesn't work. There's no way the 3dlut can result in less sharp image. If it doesn't work, you'd get all screwed up image.

Quote:
For whatever reason (without any direct comparison) playback doesn't seem as smooth as the 7800GTX 512. I'm not sure why, but the GTX 470 feels like it occasionally stutters during playback, even though it rendering like a champ without any dropped frames. Though now that I think about it, eariler in this thread I reported getting occasional stutters without dropped frames with the 7800GTX 512 as well. Hmm... Maybe it's the opposite and the GTX 470 is smoother when madVR is working correctly, so when a stutter happens it's that much more apparent. With the 7800GTX 512 maybe the gap between 'normal' and a 'stutter' was much smaller and less apparent.
Once again I'm missing your OS information, Aero on/off. Display mode etc. I know, you probably already stated that information 5 times in this thread. But I can't remember everybody's setup. And I don't feel like searching through the thread all the time. So please restate your setup information, everytime you report a new (potential) problem.

FWIW, I've just seen somewhere you're using 120Hz? That's a very high refresh rate. Basically the higher the refresh rate, the more difficult it is for madVR to achieve perfect smoothness. However, a future madVR version in fullscreen exclusive mode with a new special rendering path should be able to achieve perfect smoothness with e.g. 120Hz. But that's a few revisions away. With the current version lower refresh rates makes things easier for madVR to achieve smooth motion.

Quote:
madshi, if you have anything you want me to test please ask soon so I can do as much as possible in the time the GTX 470 is available to me. On June 18th it's going back no matter what.
I don't have anything specific in mind right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSunrise View Post
It seems I was right about the GPU switching power/clock states when using madVR 0.13, as in my case I could indeed solve the max stats(5s) spiking with the option "Power management mode" and selecting "Prefer maximum performance" under "Manage 3D settings" instead of the default "Adaptive" selection. Itīs rock solid now.
Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSunrise View Post
On a 1920x1200 display resolution, windowed-mode is always resizing (at least for) 1080p content with madVR 0.13. madVRīs OSD shows the movie resolution as 1920, 800 and the target rectangle as 0, 3, 1902, 796 which will always invoke downsampling. The captures from above show fullscreen (left) and windowed-mode (right) screenshots. Fullscreen mode is ok. Is this intended, normal behaviour?
The media player controls this. madVR does what it's told to do by the media player. You should double check the zoom settings in your media player.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 15:34   #2905  |  Link
ajp_anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp_anton View Post
Fullscreen -> win+D (minimize everything):
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7114/madvr.png

Not a big problem since the picture comes back when you press play, but just in case it's easy to fix...
Sorry... I didn't think of it as a serious bug report as it doesn't cause any problems =)
GPU: HD4850
Aero: on
Display: 1920x1200 @ 60Hz, single

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
If I pause the video first, I get "-resetting Direct3D device failed (80070057)".
I get 80004001 whether I pause the video first or not.
Though I can't remember what I did last time, now I'm just getting 80004001 if I pause it first, and an additional
"- creating Direct3D device failed"
together with the 80004001 if I don't pause.

Last edited by ajp_anton; 5th June 2010 at 15:39.
ajp_anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 17:32   #2906  |  Link
djsolidsnake86

incompatibility with some files and directvobsub: video is black and there is no playback
djsolidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 17:35   #2907  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsolidsnake86 View Post
incompatibility with some files and directvobsub: video is black and there is no playback
I've written a long and detailed report about this problem at the time of the (a few posts before or after) madVR 0.13 release. Please search for that post.
Old 5th June 2010, 17:41   #2908  |  Link
changturkey

Hey guys, sorry, newb here, but how do I get subtitles working correctly with MPC HC and Madvr?
changturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 17:59   #2909  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Once again I'm missing your OS information...

...Basically the higher the refresh rate, the more difficult it is for madVR to achieve perfect smoothness...
I went back added my information to my previous post.

GTX 470
Windows XP SP3 x86
MPC-HC w/ Reclock
1600x1200 @96Hz | 1920x1080 @120Hz | 2560x1440 @72Hz
Single Monitor

I tested for smoothness a bit more this morning. Oddly enough, the first time I opened the video which was causing me jerkyness, it played back perfectly smooth at 1920x1080 @120Hz. The 2nd through 5th time it was incredibly jerky, and the 6th and 7th time it was smooth again. I assume not catching VSync properly is the 'difficulty' you speak of.

For future reference, would ~275MB (~125MB compressed) 'full' application crash dumps created by Dr. Watson be helpful to you when a crash happens?

I don't really know how to interpret the dumps or logs, but it seems the drwtsn32.log always lists madVR as doing both of the following during the crash, but for all I know it has nothing to do with it:

VSync_EvaluateThread();.by

and then

UploadThread();

What is the chance that VSync_EvaluateThread() or UploadThread() could crash madVR? Were those things changed in 0.13?

Last edited by cyberbeing; 5th June 2010 at 18:12.
Old 5th June 2010, 18:06   #2910  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by changturkey View Post
Hey guys, sorry, newb here, but how do I get subtitles working correctly with MPC HC and Madvr?
By using DirectVobSub. But you need to use the "right" version. There are 3 different flying around, as far as I've been told.

Quote:
I tested for smoothness a bit more this morning. Oddly enough, the first time I opened the video which was causing me jerkyness, it played back perfectly smooth at 1920x1080 @120Hz. The 2nd through 5th time it was incredibly jerky, and the 6th and 7th time it was smooth again. I assume not catching VSync properly is the 'difficulty' you speak of.
Strange. Please try again with v0.14. Maybe the new tweak options help?

Quote:
For future reference, would ~275MB (~125MB compressed) 'full' application crash dumps created by Dr. Watson be helpful to you when a crash happens?
They might. In order to make them perfectly useful, I may have to make the debug build a real debug build. Currently it's just a release build with added logging. But still, even with a release build the crash dumps may help. Sometimes, at least. Please don't upload v0.13 crash dumps, though. You can start with v0.14.
Old 5th June 2010, 18:06   #2911  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

madVR 0.14 released

http://madshi.net/madVR.zip

Code:
* fixed: corruption with some decoders and video clips
* fixed: fullscreen -> win+D -> ResetDevice failed
* optimized fullscreen <-> windowed switching a bit
* relaxed texture requirements -> newer Intel GPUs might work now
* added new option "use managed upload textures (XP only)"
* added several new options to tweak GPU flush behaviour
* removed "disable anti-tearing fix" option
I need feedback on the new options in the "windowed mode tweaks" section of the settings dialog. It's very important, that you test these options and report back which options work best for you and which don't. I plan to remove (most of) these options in v0.15 again, replacing them with whatever you guys find out to work best. That means, if you don't give feedback, it might happen that I choose options, which work well for some other people but not for you. So it's your own responsibility to help me choose the right settings for future madVR versions. The reason why I want to get rid of the options in v0.15 again is that I'd like to avoid making the settings dialog any more complicated than is absolutely necessary.

Explanation:

The new option "use managed upload textures (XP only)" changes the way madVR uploads the video to the GPU. If you check this option, rendering will probably be a bit slower, but changes between fullscreen and windowed mode may work faster. This option is only available for XP. madVR 0.12 behaved as if this option was checked. madVR 0.13 behaved as if this option was unchecked.

The flush options control when exactly madVR flushes the GPU and in which way. The option "don't flush" obviously doesn't flush the GPU at all. The option "flush" flushes the GPU, but doesn't wait for the flush to complete. The option "flush & wait (sleep)" flushes the GPU and waits for the flush to complete, by telling to CPU to go sleeping for 1ms at a time. The sleeping saves CPU resources, but the CPU may sleep too long, wasting potential rendering resources. The option "flush & wait (loop)" flushes the GPU and waits for the flush to complete, by constantly checking the GPU state. The CPU (1 core) will run at 100% while waiting for the GPU, when using this option.

My suggestion would be to start with all flushes turned off ("don't flush") because that's the best, if you want to keep rendering times down. However, doing it this way may cause stuttering, because the GPU might become confused. So some flushes will probably be necessary. If you find that flushes are needed in your case, try "flush" (without waiting) next. If that doesn't work well enough yet, try one of the wait options. Personally, on my Vista laptop it seems that the best configuration is to set "after render steps" to "flush" and to set "after last step" to "flush & wait (sleep)" and to keep all other options at "don't flush". But please find out your own best settings and report them to me. Please, when you report them, state your exact HTPC setup, as always. Thanks!

Last edited by madshi; 5th June 2010 at 18:21.
Old 5th June 2010, 18:18   #2912  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

madshi
Thanks for new version!

P.S.
I'm curious if you got any useful response about subtitles pin?
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 18:22   #2913  |  Link
noee

Instant crash with .14.... HD2600XT, CCC10.3, Win7 x64, Aero OFF, FFdshow/Reclock/MPC-HC, either monitor (dual mon). EVR-CP works fine.

Code:
00000000 Creator  Thread "Creator" = ThreadID 00000690
00000000 Creator  CVideoRenderer::CreateInstance();
00000000 Creator  CVideoInputPin constructor;
00000000 Creator  CVideoInputPin constructor -> +
00000000 Creator  CVideoText constructor;
00000000 Creator  CVideoText::GetClassWindowStyles();
00000000 Creator  CVideoText::GetClassWindowStyles() -> +
00000000 Creator  CVideoText::OnReceiveMessage(msg: 129, wParam: 0, lParam: 80855076);
00000000 Creator  CVideoText::OnReceiveMessage() -> +
00000001 Creator  CVideoText::OnReceiveMessage(msg: 131, wParam: 0, lParam: 80855056);
00000001 Creator  CVideoText::OnReceiveMessage() -> +
00000001 Creator  CVideoText::OnReceiveMessage(msg: 1, wParam: 0, lParam: 80855076);
00000001 Creator  CVideoText::OnReceiveMessage() -> +
00000001 Creator  CVideoText constructor -> +
00000001 Creator  CVideoRenderer constructor;
00000001 Creator  Settings_Init();
00000002 Creator  Settings_Init() -> +
00000002 Creator  Queue_Init();
00000002 Creator  Osd_InitKeyHook();
00000002 Creator  Osd_InitKeyHook() -> +
00000002 Creator  CVideoRenderer constructor -> +
00000002 Creator  CVideoRenderer::CreateInstance() -> +
00000002 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface(IUnknown{00000000-0000-0000-C000-000000000046});
00000002 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface() -> 0
00000002 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface(IUnknown{00000000-0000-0000-C000-000000000046});
00000002 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface() -> 0
00000002 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface({9cc7f9f7-3ed1-493c-AF65-527EA1D9947F});
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface() -> ISubRender
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::SetCallback();
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::SetCallback() -> +
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface({56a86895-0ad4-11ce-B03A-0020AF0BA770});
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface() -> 0
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface({8e1c39a1-de53-11cf-AA63-0080C744528D});
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface() -> 80004002
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface({f90a6130-b658-11d2-AE49-0000F8754B99});
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface({56a86895-0ad4-11ce-B03A-0020AF0BA770});
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface() -> 0
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::NonDelegatingQueryInterface({cedb2890-53ae-4231-91A3-B0AAFCD1DBDE});
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::GetPin(0);
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::GetPin() -> +
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::GetPin(0);
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::GetPin() -> +
00000003 Creator  CVideoInputPin::CheckMediaType();
00000003 Creator  CVideoRenderer::CheckMediaType({32315659-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71});
00000003 Creator  GetVih2 original media type:
00000003 Creator  AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
  majortype: {73646976-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
  subtype: {32315659-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
  formattype: {f72a76a0-eb0a-11d0-ACE4-0000C0CC16BA}
  bFixedSizeSamples: 1
  bTemporalCompression: 0
  lSampleSize: 380160
  cbFormat: 112
00000003 Creator  VIDEOINFOHEADER:
  rcSource: (0,0)-(720,352)
  rcTarget: (0,0)-(720,352)
  AvgTimePerFrame: 417083
VIDEOINFOHEADER2:
  dwInterlaceFlags: 00000000
  dwCopyProtectFlags: 00000000
  dwPictAspectRatioX: 853
  dwPictAspectRatioY: 352
  dwControlFlags: 00000000
BITMAPINFOHEADER:
  biSize: 40
  biWidth: 720
  biHeight: 352
  biPlanes: 3
  biBitCount: 12
  biCompression: YV12
  biSizeImage: 380160
  biXPelsPerMeter: 0
  biYPelsPerMeter: 0
00000003 Creator  GetVih2 final output:
00000003 Creator  VIDEOINFOHEADER:
VIDEOINFOHEADER2:
BITMAPINFOHEADER:
00000004 Creator  CVideoRenderer::CheckMediaType(MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, width: 720, height: 352, bitcount: 12, aspectX: 853, aspectY: 352) -> +
00000004 Creator  CVideoInputPin::CheckMediaType() -> 0
00000004 Creator  CVideoInputPin::SetMediaType();
00000004 Creator  CVideoRenderer::SetMediaType();
00000004 Creator  GetVih2 original media type:
00000004 Creator  AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
  majortype: {73646976-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
  subtype: {32315659-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
  formattype: {f72a76a0-eb0a-11d0-ACE4-0000C0CC16BA}
  bFixedSizeSamples: 1
  bTemporalCompression: 0
  lSampleSize: 380160
  cbFormat: 112
00000004 Creator  VIDEOINFOHEADER:
VIDEOINFOHEADER2:
BITMAPINFOHEADER:
00000004 Creator  GetVih2 final output:
VIDEOINFOHEADER2:
BITMAPINFOHEADER:
00000004 Creator  CVideoText::HandleNewMediaType();
VIDEOINFOHEADER2:
BITMAPINFOHEADER:
00000004 Creator  CVideoText::IsDefaultTargetRect();
00000004 Creator  CVideoRenderer::GetTargetRect();
00000004 Creator  CVideoRenderer::GetTargetRect() -> 0, 0, 0, 0
00000004 Creator  CVideoText::IsDefaultTargetRect() -> -
00000004 Creator  CVideoText::HandleNewMediaType(size: 720 352; aspect: 853 352; sum: 853 352)
00000004 Creator  CVideoRenderer::SetSourceRect(newRect: 0, 0, 720, 352);
00000004 Creator  CVideoRenderer::SetSourceRect() -> +
00000004 Creator  CVideoText::HandleNewMediaType() -> +
00000004 Creator  CVideoRenderer::SetMediaType() -> +
00000004 Creator  CCustomMemAllocator::SetMediaType();
noee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 18:25   #2914  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
I'm curious if you got any useful response about subtitles pin?
Haven't looked into that yet at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noee View Post
Instant crash with .14....
Argh. Does it occur with the debug build, only? Or also with the release build? Does it crash every time, or just sometimes? Maybe only with specific videos?
Old 5th June 2010, 18:33   #2915  |  Link
iSunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by noee View Post
Instant crash with .14...
Same here. Tried KMPlayer and MPC-HC and release build and debug build with both players. Same crash. When playing with KMPlayer Vista x64 tells me that it wants to disable Aero Mode and switch to Windows Vista-Basic. Never had that before.

Log (uploaded.to):
http://ul.to/t9x8xb

Specs:
(1) Geforce GTX 260-216 [Nvidia ForceWare Quadro 197.54]
(2) Windows Vista x64
(3) Aero on
(4) 1920x1200@60Hz
- using KMPlayer
iSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 18:38   #2916  |  Link
noee

yup, like iSunrise, both builds, happens immediately, every time. I tried numerous MKVs (all with SD material encoded with x264). Happens on both monitors, 1920x1080, one is 60hz, one is 24Hz.
noee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 18:38   #2917  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Not that it really matters, but your setting dialog for 0.14 still states 0.13.

I'll try testing it out in a bit.
Old 5th June 2010, 19:05   #2918  |  Link
iSeries

V0.14 crashes instantly for me as well.

(1) ATI 4550 CCC 10.4
(2) Windows 7 32bit
(3) Aero off
(4) 1920x1080 @ 23.976hz (secondary monitor)
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 19:09   #2919  |  Link
nlnl

Mpc HC (Haali mkv spliter) + ATI 5400 (10.5) + Vista 32 + Aero on + 0.14 + monitor 1080p@23 (single)

Mpc Hc crashes not even starting playback.
nlnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 19:16   #2920  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Weird. I got not crash on my XP32 and Vista64 PCs. But then on my win7 x64 PC I could reproduce the crash (fortunately). Hope it's the same one you got.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling