View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 21:21   #278  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raen View Post
Glad you added full CUE support, because I experienced some bizarre things with CUE files.
Supposedly they are supported by LameXP, but dragging one CUE file to LameXP gives an error.

Or LameXP (v4.01) doesn't support CUE files of FLAC files?
If not, are they supported with the new Cue Sheet import wizard?

I am using CUETools for this splitting job (mostly with FLAC files), and converting with LameXP afterwards.
LameXP v4.01 does not support CUE files. LameXP v3.xx only had very limited/bad support for CUE files - splitting was not implemented at all!

Starting with LameXP v4.02 there is a CUE import wizard, which finally supports splitting the input files according to the information from CUE sheet.

Also LameXP does support any type of input file from CUE sheets, including Wave, MP3 and FLAC files.

However I don't know what the correct syntax for FLAC files in a CUE sheet is. Actaully I think using FLAC files as a source in a CUE sheet is non-standard!

Nonetheless currently LameXP will accept FLAC files from "FILE <Path> WAVE" as well as "FILE <Path> MP3".

Quote:
I also have some slowness when opening the "Output Directory" tab for the 1st time after running LameXP, about 3-5 seconds until it opens.
Then, every time I click "+" to explore a folder, to see its sub-folders, another 3-5 seconds of hanging.
But if I go to a folder that i explored before in the same LameXP session, no hanging happens, it shows the sub-folders instantly.
Obviously the first time a folder is accessed there is a delay, because the folder has to be scanned.

If you access the folder again, the info is already in the cache...

Quote:
M3U playlists in "Artist - Album.m3u" format.

Something that v3.18 was cool at, and LameXP v4.01 is creating M3U playlists in "Album.m3u" format.
Actually the format should be "<Artist> - <Album>.m3u", but only if both, the album artist and the album name, are known.

Are you sure you entered this info on the "Meta Data" tab?

Quote:
M3U playlists made by LameXP after converting don't recognize/open files with special characters like accents ("é", "ã", "ö", ...), "ß", "ø", etc in their filename.

Maybe creating M3U8 (unicode) playlists instead of M3U solves the problem?
LameXP v4.xx offers full Unicode support. Playlists are exported in the UTF-8 format. Probably the extension should be .m3u8 though...

Quote:
Button to copy file's album information to "Metadata" tab, like v3.18 had.
Added to my "TODO" list

Quote:
"Genre" in the "Metadata" tab should be editable/writable if pretended, just like "artist" or "album" field.
The "genre" field on the "Meta Data" tab is editable, isn't it?

Quote:
Some tracks have more than 1 genre or genres that are not listed.
The available genres are pre-defined. I simply used the ones that are supported by LAME. I think these are the ones defined by ID3.

Quote:
Option to hide/disable the DropBox (maybe under "Tools"->"Configuration" similar to the other options there).
You can close the Dropbox by right-click, as is indicated by the tool tip.

Quote:
Sometimes the DropBox gets in the way when you have multiple windows open for example.
LameXP should hide the Dropbox when a modal dialog pops up. I think there were some improvements in v4.02.

This of course applies only to LameXP's own dialogs. The Dropbox will stay on top of all other apps...

Quote:
Option to edit destination filenames.

In "Source Files" tab you have the "Title" column, then the "Full Path" column.
Maybe putting a new "Destination File" column between these already existing two, would do the trick.
Renaming the input files is not currently planned. Would require quite some changes - maybe in a later version

Quote:
Track details window should have FULL bitrate, encoder, etc info just like v3.18 had.
That info is currently not detected in LameXP v4.xx, but I may have a look at this.

Quote:
If minimized, LameXP goes back to the "Source Files" tab when you open/restore its window.
Not quite sure why that happens, but I can reproduce. Investigating...

[UPDATE] If found the cause: The 'show' event is not only triggered when the window is shown, but also when the window is restored!

I have just implemented a workaround. So from now on we only go back to the "Source Files" tab when the window is shown. [/UPDATE]

Quote:
Also, when I have the time, I'm looking forward to do a Portuguese (PT-PT) translation for LameXP
New translations are always welcome

Please have a look at the translator guidelines before you start:
http://lamexp.git.sourceforge.net/gi...Translate.html

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 30th May 2011 at 23:52.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote