View Single Post
Old 14th September 2022, 09:16   #88  |  Link
Sixsupersonic
(insert user title)

Hi Moonbase,

I was unable to reproduce the issue on my WIndows 10 VM (QEMU), but I'll try to setup a Windows 11 VM on VirtualBox at somepoint.
Since my desktop is running AMD Ryzen I suspect there might be a CPU issue, so I'll also test on my laptop which is an Intel Ivybridge i3.

I̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶.̶

V̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶1̶.̶0̶ ̶(̶Y̶o̶u̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶p̶l̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶s̶a̶g̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶u̶p̶.̶)̶

V̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶1̶.̶1̶-̶b̶e̶t̶a̶2̶-̶1̶-̶g̶1̶d̶3̶4̶5̶f̶b̶ ̶(̶R̶e̶c̶o̶m̶p̶i̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶l̶c̶h̶a̶i̶n̶)̶

a̶n̶d̶

V̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶1̶.̶1̶-̶b̶e̶t̶a̶2̶-̶1̶-̶g̶1̶d̶3̶4̶5̶f̶b̶ ̶(̶S̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶v̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶T̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶O̶p̶t̶i̶m̶i̶z̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶d̶)̶

EDIT: I was able to reproduce the issue with both of the above 1.1-beta2-1-g1d345fb binaries on my laptop, so this is most likely a compiler issue. (which is really strange since GCC shouldn't be doing any CPU specific optimizations unless it's told to.)

EDIT2: I'll try my best to explain what happened, but it turns out the Mingw64 toolchain I use to create WIndows binaries on my Gentoo Linux machine was compiled with AMD Ryzen specific optimizations (via the '-march=native' compiler flag). So, even if GCC wasn't doing any CPU optimizations, the Mingw64 runtime, which was compiled with CPU specific optimizations, made the binaries incompatible with some Intel systems.

I'll upload some fixed binaries to my Gitlab shortly.

EDIT3: The fixed binaries are now up.

Last edited by Sixsupersonic; 15th September 2022 at 09:11.
Sixsupersonic is offline   Reply With Quote