View Single Post
Old 18th March 2017, 11:20   #14  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Spent some more time tuning the script parameters for this particular test clip. Please keep in mind that this clip is extremely demanding, usually I would never recommend to use this script on anime.

What I found out is that a dct value of 3 does give better results on the control panel to the left, but it does not improve the vertical grille to the right. What does improve this grille is using a larger block size of 32 for MAnalyze. For MRecalculate I kept the original block size of 8, increasing it to 16 gave worse results.

So for this particular clip my preferred settings are dct =3 and blksize = 32 for MAnalyse. The resulting file is here:
http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/l6Ouh8fw/file.html

In my experience any settings which work for this clip will also give good results for other sources. I need to test if the increased block size will indeed work for HD sources...

Cheers
manolito
This version introduced many new perceptable problems though you fought 1 problem and created a whole bunch of new ones which would most probably result now in a even lower mos score then before (predicted).

Though this indicates their must be a better result hiding in between

if you split all the best parts and put them back together you would have a overall better result, from the timing this could even work.

Temporal i can split this in 3 different parts that show different problems

Wherby the amount of problems are different from each case.

In this test case you could say you have 3 scene parts Beginning,Middle and the End part

and depending on your setup now they come out different the beginning part never completely fixed the middle and end part with some very good overall results except in your latest result the end part comes out perceptually much worse then in any result before, therfore though the middle part is perceptually better (no fast texture failure).

Logic now says take all the good parts and put them together and you have a pretty good overall result.

Which also could indicate you need something more adaptively clever to get this result in 1 try,without putting it manually together

My reasoning still stays dct 1 gives the overall best result except 1 difference now to the latest output therefore 1 part in the latest output is now totally ending up bad perceptually.

i would also weight the temporal failure of the latest result in the end part higher even critical now then the small problem in the middle part on the dct 1 result before (fast texture failure).

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 18th March 2017 at 12:17.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote