View Single Post
Old 8th June 2016, 08:21   #1003  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.90

As I suspected, my tests of 10-bit h264 encodings have proven that most hardware players do not support it. In fact, I have tested it on 3 TVs and 2 hardware media players, and it has always been rejected! On my PC, it is accepted by all software players I've tested, but perhaps due to the 8-bit monitor I'm using, I can't see any significant difference with the 8-bit encoding. I have also noted that the banding problem is already very visible in some original BDs, and is usually only a very little bit strengthened by the 8-bit re-encode (with h264 and the default CRF 23!) Therefore, I'm now totally convinced that encoding in 10-bit is usually not a good idea, except if you have the 10-bit compatible equipment and a very small improvement is important for you. But I have also seen that modifying my code to support the 10 and 12-bit encoders was relatively easy, so I did it anyway. Therefore, it is now possible to encode in 10-bit (and 12-bit in h265 too). There is a warning if you select that option to explain why it's probably not a good idea, but you can do it. So, here is the new version. I hope you will enjoy it.

Note that due to the new colour depth support, I have been forced to rename the x264 and x265 executable files in the toolset folder. You will see a dialog when you launch v0.90 for the first time, asking if the old files can be deleted. You should accept only if all projects generated with previous versions of BD3D2MK3D have been already encoded, as otherwise the __ENCODE_3D.cmd script will not find the x26* exe and fail.

This version contains also some little improvements and fixes two bugs in Convert SRT to ASS 3D.

Quote:
v0.90 (June 8, 2016)
- Added the possibility to select the colour depth (8, 10 or 12-bit) of the final video in the last tab.
- Added 2 procedures in the context menu of the MPLS list in tab 1 to sort the playlists by MPLS or by M2TS/SSIF number(s)
- Added 4 procedures in the context menu of the MPLS list in tab 1 to easily remove the MPLS that do not contain the movie. (Useful mainly for protected BDs.)
- Added the URL to download the x265 builds by LigH in Help -> x265 version. (Thanks LoRd_MuldeR!)
- Bug fixed again in Convert SRT to ASS 3D: The first subtitle was sometimes missing when the input file is encoded in UTF-8/16.
- Bug fixed in Convert SRT to ASS 3D: The vertical positions of the subtitles was wrong when using a guide file.
- Updated MkvToolnix executables to the latest version (v9.2.0)
- Due to the new colour depth option, the file names of the x264 and x265 executables in the toolset folder have changed.
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z