View Single Post
Old 14th May 2021, 15:16   #17  |  Link
Dogway

StvG:
Sorry if I can't follow you much. Feedback is nice so I appreciate your posts. The reason I didn't use the transfer curve in OP for comparison was probably because it wasn't a fair comparison, I'm using a power law gamma of 2.40 for Rec709 while I think other plugins use sRGB tranfer function, or simply 2.222.

Quote:
z.lib, dither and internal functions have visible identical results
My eyes might deceive me but my solution also looks identical.

I'm not looking into other code much except for certain specific things to shorten times. I'm doing this as I understand it should be done because I wasn't satisfied with what was already available, either useability, options or accuracy.
470bg is PAL Rec601, 170M is NTSC Rec601, but as I noted above the matrix coefficients used for NTSC Rec601 are not the ones derived from 170M but from the old FCC 1953 standard.

I don't have much time today but I will correct the OP example tomorrow and run some tests. For the time being I uploaded RC4, or what I had at the moment so you can test with correct range conversions (hopefully).