Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 14th June 2016, 22:26   #8  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Version of VDubMod that I use (might be later ones, but with off by 1 bug re-installed) 1.5.10.3 build 2550.
I dont have complete source for above version.

Here source for 1.5.10.2 build 2542 (sourceforge):- https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualdubmod/files/

Here Fizick fix, not sure if any diff to build 2550:- http://www.mediafire.com/download/9a...src_fizick.zip

Executable 1.5.10.3 build 2550 (32 bit):- http://www.mediafire.com/download/3l...10_3_b2550.zip

Was not aware of existence of VirtualDub+ (you have a link ?, found some on-line but by unknown sites), this might be just what the doctor ordered.

There are versions of VDMod about v1.7.8, (maybe French I think [EDIT: Actually JAP]), but they are broken, off by 1.

The VD script editor is quite basic, should work OK with AVS or AVS+ (32 bit), basic text editing, allows insert of trim set, range and frame number (from within VD main),
also save & reload script, save & refresh script. Not really much more than that.
(changing TAB setting from 8 to 4 might also be nice, real tedious having to reformat tabs to SPACE before and after VDMod use).
EDIT: Above "basic text editing", really only normal text entry + cursor keys + delete key + TAB key.
There is also some kind of auto comment/uncomment of hilited lines (I could live without that).
CTRL/Z Undo
CTRL/Y Redo
CTRL/P Insert current frame

CTRL/R Insert Range
CTRL/T Insert Trim with range
CTRL/I Import Frameset as Trims (replicate VDub range deletions into script).
CTRL/SHIFT/O Insert filename, never used.
CTRL/SHIFT/C Insert crop, never used.
CTRL/SHIFT/ALT/C Comment selected.
CTRL/SHIFT/ALT/U UnComment selected.
CTRL/F Find (dont work disabled in menu)
F3 Find Next (dont work disabled in menu)
F5 Save and reopen at current frame.
F7 Save and open.

Thats basically it. (Ones I frequently use in BLUE)

Quote:
Where can I find a feature-by-feature list of what the script support in VDMod is?
See the executable above and see Tools menu [EDIT: The script editor has its own window and little menu].

Quote:
I saw references to programs like AVSPmod. What is wrong with them, why vdub is still needed?
I do not use AvsPMod because I object to it editing/changing my carefully prepared scripts (I keep having to change them back again).
I guess if you are a script user rather than developer, then it is less grossly annoying.

Quote:
From the point of implementing, it might be better for health to move script editor to plugin.
WOW, I had considered that but had no idea if possible, t'would be magick

All hail shekh

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 15th June 2016 at 04:09.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote