View Single Post
Old 31st July 2015, 13:44   #487  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, normally the Intel lib is smart enough to switch to sw mode when the right hardware is not present or the drivers not installed. The option to turn off the hardware acceleration is present only when for any reason the driver doesn't work or the library crashes in hw mode. But normally, it should not be necessary to disable the hw acceleration manually.

The chipset necessary for the hw acceleration is not related to your (additional) graphic card (ATI or nVidia). It is in the main CPU, and many PCs are sold with Intel CPUs. However, only certain recent models support the hw acceleration. I don't have a compatible CPU myself and therefore I don't know exactly how the Intel library uses the hardware, but I suppose that you have it, perhaps with a bad driver, as otherwise the lib should have switched automatically to sw mode. Try to update all Intel drivers you have in your PC, and perhaps the encoding will be faster, with full MVC decoding hw acceleration.

For the 60fps problem, have you tried to play the two ads posted by tal.aloni in his thread? If they have the same problem and Big Bug Bunny (at 60fps) works fine, then that will confirm that 59.94 is not the right frame rate.

You can also try to convert a movie at exactly 60fps. You should change the --fps argument in _ENCODE.cmd and the "default-duration" in the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS,txt file (where you should replace "0:24000/1001p" with "0:60p"). You will have to re-encode the movie. Let me know if that work fine. I have preferred to use 59.94 fps because that introduce less artefacts than 60, but it is easy to replace it with 60 if it's necessary.