View Single Post
Old 27th January 2010, 00:07   #28  |  Link
zilog jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
I'm not aware of any TBCs found in consumer VCRs. The higher-end decks from JVC, Panasonic and Mitsubishi may not be rack-mounted gear, but they are definitely professional and/or broadcast field equipment.
This NV-HS960 has a lot of consumery functions though - tuner, VideoPlus, PDC, S-VHS ET, Tape Library, satellite receiver control, CC/teletext subtitles display, etc. (most of these are completely useless now ) JVC HR-S7000-9000 series VCRs seem similarly consumer-oriented. Maybe "prosumer" would be more appropriate as they have loads of edit functions too. I've seen JVC models that look like HR-S7600's etc. but have no consumer features (no tuner etc.), but forget the model numbers (BR something?).

I read your TBC discussion before, some very useful information there. You're pretty much on the mark with regards to S-VHS VCR line TBCs from my experience - it can increase jitter in some cases, but will improve chroma noise and straighten out a skewed picture. I've also noticed that somehow when the TBC and DNR are turned on it will produce a stable picture when cue/reviewing (no dropped frames when capturing) - an interesting, if not very useful feature...
zilog jones is offline   Reply With Quote