View Single Post
Old 16th December 2010, 22:19   #74  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyumeow View Post
@Request: Would it be difficult or impossible to add "midi to wav", as I've some midi files to convert to mp3. I had to apologize that I do not know whether there is such 'convert midi to wav' apps. Anyway, I use some recording function from a apps and save it in wave format, then use your app to encode into MP3 format. Thought I could save my time if Your apps could do such wonders .
MIDI files don't store audio signals. They store "notes". More specifically MIDI files store control instructions for instruments, like keyboards or synthesizers or drum-computers.

Consequently you cannot "convert" MIDI files to Wave. What you can do is using your sound-card as synthesizers and feed the MIDI instructions to it in order to "execute" the MIDI file.

That's what actually happens when you "play" the MIDI file in a media player. And of course the synthesizer's (sound card's) output could be "captured" to a Wave file.

However I'm not aware of a suitable CLI tool to integrate into LameXP that does both, use your sound card to "play" the MIDI file and "capture" the output as PCM data to a Wave file.

If you could point me to such a tool, I could integrate it into LameXP. Still the result would vary between different systems, as different systems use different sound cards...

(BTW: If you wonder why the web-site is down, it's because the web-hoster claimed the site caused too much load, although only 14 of 100 GB traffic have been used this month)

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 16th December 2010 at 22:52.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote