View Single Post
Old 12th January 2012, 16:32   #13  |  Link
Dogway

Thanks librarian, I know it is interlaced by 2 facts, combing, and field blending. And a confirmation by dgindex. That's ok but, don't you see a 3:2 pulldown as I do? how can they interlace a telecine source (this is what fooled me)? how can that be done and why do they do it?

It's strange because I got less blending with bob+srestore(23.976) than with your code, even using blendbob has less blending (but more than bob+srestore):
Code:
nnedi3(field=-2)
blendbob()
selectevery(5,0,1,2,4)
@Sapo84
I rearranged the code to understand it better.

Code:
fields=SeparateFields()

nnedi1  =Selectevery(5,0).nnedi3(1)    # fields 0,1  keep 0 drop 1
prog    =Selectevery(5,1)              # fields 2,3
nnedi0  =Selectevery(5,2).nnedi3(0)    # fields 4,5, drop 4 keep 5
w=fields.Selectevery(10,7,8).Weave()   # fields 7,8
#                  0,     2,3,  5,  7,8
return Interleave(nnedi1,prog,nnedi0,w).Trim(2,0)
What this means is that not blended hard telecine shouldn't be deinterlaced? I suppose that after this a decomber is necessary in my case at least. And as you say a better deinterlacer for the nnedi1 and nnedi0 lines. Actually this is my main question, what is a good bobber for animation? in the 2 nnedi lines one field is clean and the other is blended, isn't there a smartdeinterlacer that only deinterlace spatially where there is blending?

PD: Thanks cretindesalpes, had to post this after a few hours building the post. But I'm gonna test and analyse/understand your code
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote