View Single Post
Old 4th December 2018, 05:36   #37  |  Link
abolibibelot

So I'm revisiting this thread only now, sorry for being so slow... é_è

I managed to finish that daunting task in May, after several delays, ending up with more than 4800 FrameSurgeon commands created by checking about 35min. of 29.97 FPS footage frame by frame, which amounts to about 50.000 frames, most of which showing a wooden coffin with my grandmother inside... Sawbones was a huge time saver, and a definite sanity saver !

@StainlesS : On what particular subject did you need a feedback ?
As I said, there were some errors every now and then, some digits substituted by letters or other characters which I had to manually correct. It may or may not depend upon the speed at which I pressed the 4 keys, in a quite awkward hand position (CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + [number]), sometimes in very quick succession once I got immersed in the task, checking ~5 frames per second. I began with v. 1.04 and ended with v. 1.09.

Right now I'm trying to improve that movie ever-so-slightly, by performing the interpolations on the source files rather than the final export from the NLE software as I did previously (some damaged frames were at crossfades so I couldn't repair them satisfyingly). I managed to calculate the shifted values for each script by examining the script opened in AVSPMod, the timeline in the NLE software (positioning each cut sequence next to the complete source file, at the corresponding position), and the first version of the completed movie opened in VirtualDub2.

I'm also looking for possible improvements in interpolation functions over the past few months. FrameSurgeon, although a very good performer overall, sometimes generates ugly artifacts on frames with fast action.
But first I have to solve an issue with the Morph function, which I used for some of those frames on the rare occasions where it produced a better result than FrameSurgeon : with the same command as before, for instance Morph(137,139), I obtain a blend of frame 137 and the last frame of the input, instead of frame 139. I may have to create a dedicated thread for that.
abolibibelot is offline   Reply With Quote