View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:56   #24  |  Link
abolibibelot

Quote:
To assist in CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+1, suggest test first if being used by something else.
eg, copy some exe to desktop.
create a shortcut to it.
right click "Properties", and click on "Shortcut Key", and enter the shortcut.
If it prevents you from entering the shortcut, then looks like something else is already using it (maybe Graphics card).
Well, indeed I can't input CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + 1 in a shortcut, but if I press those four keys simultaneously it displays “CTRL + ALT + 1 (PAV. NUM.)” (which disappears as soon as I release the keys), the “SHIFT” (or “MAJ” as it's called here), does not appear ; it does appear if I press only the three first keys : “CTRL + MAJ + ALT +”.
I tried CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + 2, and... the display turned to black, then went upside-down ! O_o Kinda spooky when you're not expecting it... (Could be reverted with CTRL + SHIFT + MAJ + 8. And as you might expect, or not expect at all, the same sequence ending with 4 turns the display to the left – messing with all the windows sizes to accomodate – and with 6 it turns it to the right. Whoever designed this should be bludgeonned with a rubber dildo, to the left and to the right of his sorry face, until he screams “ALT + F4 !”.)

Oh, but it does in fact work (using the default SawBones) with the other numerical keys, the ones on the... LHS of the keyboard (at first I tried the ones on the numerical keypad) : with CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + &, I get the correct command “I1 XXXX” added in the Command.txt file.

Quote:
NOTE, I've been experiencing problems with VirtualDubFilterMod when sending the "Save & Refresh" sequence,
Save NotePad Command.txt file [EDIT: works fine], and then sending 'F5' key to VirtualDubFilteRMod's open Script Editor window.
It refuses to refresh, unless the window is visible, ie not minimised onto the taskbar, its not a big deal, you just
have to make the script editor window tiny and bung it up next to the NotePad window, then it all works ok.
(It used to work ok on taskbar, I think).
Does that concern the updated version, or the former one also ? How is this “Shekh the magnificent” related to this ?

Quote:
Why do you foreigners have to be awkward and speak strange languages and use odd keyboards, just to be difficult I guess.
Dunno, but here there's a proverb saying “Un homme AZERTY en vaut deux” ! (Well, hard to translate that pun, the actual proverb is “Un homme averti en vaut deux”, meaning “A man who is aware is worth two men”, and “averti” is pronunced almost the same as “AZERTY”...)
Actually, you may already know this, the layout of keys on keyboards was originally designed to slow down the typing, so as to limit the risk of jamming the early typewriters...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY

Last edited by abolibibelot; 3rd January 2018 at 09:07.
abolibibelot is offline   Reply With Quote