View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2020, 23:20   #43  |  Link
huhn

i have everything setup to record lossless on my gaming PC (x264rgb CRF=0 preset=ultrafast) i didn't try 4K but 1080p is no problem i may even be able to do 60-240 HZ.

only nvidia can record lossless 444 but not in RGB so it's already not great and not lossless.

DOTA 2 should be an OK test. i have no clue how old your sample is the game changed drastically i will capture a new one.

Quote:
I don't know what can capture to >8-bit on-PC. An interesting comparison would be between 10-bit 4:2:0 and 8-bit 4:4:4, when those are available. Some devices, like Xbox One X, can even render and output 12-bit over HDMI.
rendering 10 bit is already kinda complicated and games rarely do that. outputting 12 bit RGB you can do that with windows 7 and a i don't know 10 year old consumer grade GPU and it was and is done with madVR.
12 bit doesn't exist only 16 bit and the driver has to dither this to 12 bit you can try this with MPDN. games don't use stuff like this there are always exception and microsoft doesn't stop adding new feature so this could be easily "dated" information.

i'm pretty sure ni no kuni 2 can do that when rendering HDR and 10 bit but that's not going to be fun to capture if it is even possible at all.

edit: i have a 1080p60 38 sec lossless RGB clip on my system now it's ~5GB so i need a place to upload it. i can't do UHD at the moment AMD has a strange bug forcing me to run the game at 240 hz making recording 60 FPS a nightmare. the system and the disk should be fast enough for this if i can get it to 60 HZ.

Last edited by huhn; 3rd September 2020 at 00:15.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote