View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2007, 08:25   #429  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tima View Post
I have an issue with MMG -- it's not possible to remux an existing mkv (in my case it's avc + ac3) with different frame rate -- the field for fps is grey.

Waiting for a fix if it's possible.
That's not a bug. mkvmerge's "--default-duration" parameter (which is the one that is used for this particular field in mmg) only works with a select number of formats, especially with those that do not contain timecode/FPS information in them. The example foxyshadis has pointed out is the usual case where'd you use this parameter. Raw h264 tracks only contain the frames itself, but neither a timecode for each frame nor a frame rate in general. But for most of the other container/raw formats mkvmerge can actually derive the timecodes from them. Therefore the control is disabled in mkvmerge.

Note that in Matroska you don't simply have a FPS field in a header that you can simply change as you have in an AVI file. In Matroska each frame has its own timecode. Therefore changin the FPS always requires remuxing the whole file.

If you definitely must change all the timecodes then you have to use timecode files, just as foxyshadis has pointed out.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.