View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:57   #145  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
I have tested all updates of Intel DLLs until April 2014 - but no luck, the glitches in the movies remained there. With software decoding too.
Can you describe the glitches you have noticed? In Pacific Rim, there are a few bad frames in the whole movie when using libmfxsw32.dll v5.14.4.28. Maybe there is a similar problem with The Avengers. I don't know, because I have not encoded that BD yet.

In the other hand, the problem I have noticed with most recent versions of libmfxsw32.dll is totally different. With many (or perhaps all) movies, the MVC stream cannot be properly decoded at all. All frames (except a few black frames at the beginning of the movie) are bad. And it's not small glitches near the borders, but the whole picture that is totally bad. I think we can live with the "Pacific Rim problem", because it occurs in very rare occasions, but of course, the new decoders cannot be used at all.

I don't have a suitable hardware, so I can't test the hardware library, but I know that recent versions have problems too. After a discussion via PM with an user, it seems that switching to software mode and using v5.14.4.28 is sufficient to solve them.

Of course, I still hope that Intel will fix the bugs rapidly...