Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 12th November 2013, 10:16   #266  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
Briefly flying through what's in the first post of here, the nice thing is it looks like you could implement the filter on the GPU without any of the CUDA or OpenCL GPGPU BS. Possibly all you need is OpenGL with GLSL and FBO extensions. As a result you could use the filter even on older HW, without any special drivers or dependencies, and even be portable to Linux. My investigations will stop here though, and Turbo is right that a GPU implementation might not pay off due to bouncing textures on and off the GPU.
I see. In other words, it is better just leave it alone and do something else. Because GPU implementation might not pay off due to bouncing textures, CPU implementation might not pay off due to nnedi being much better choice.
BTW that discussion you link to is TL;DR but I think it does not includes anti-ringing which is something madshi made on his own. Also I remember madshi was saying something that he tried to implement sigmoidal algorithm but didn't liked it, so his Jinc might be something a bit different.