View Single Post
Old 24th January 2011, 19:13   #3  |  Link
osgZach

You can use tfm/tdecimate and lets it handle that for you. But personally I don't like the timecodes format it spits out (I prefer timecode V1) because its not always compatible with external players, such as my WDTV Live. But V1's run fine.

You -could- manually write an overrides file, or you could just use YATTA. It lets you do the same thing but with a GUI and lets you also mark frames for post processing, etc. It will also calculate and spit out V1 Timecodes for your project file and generate the Avisynth script to get your deinterlaced/decimated video stream. I wrote a Python script a while ago to speed that process up, but it has its drawbacks. It marks all your 30FPS sections for you in advance, although the process of getting the data moved around is somewhat manual. And re-opening your project can sometimes take a few minutes (i.e go eat a sandwich)

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=153102

Getting YATTA and specific filters can sometimes be a pain. If you are interested in giving this a go let me know and I'll just setup a working install for you and give you a download link.
osgZach is offline   Reply With Quote