View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:42   #236  |  Link
YAFU

@feisty2, thanks. "vsedit" shows me the following error:
Code:
Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: matrix: output bitdepth not supported.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "vapoursynth.pyx", line 1469, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript (src/cython/vapoursynth.c:23703)
  File "/media/TEMPORAL/scrypt.vpy", line 5, in <module>
    clp = core.fmtc.matrix (clp, mat="601", col_fam=vs.YUV, bits=32, fulls=True, fulld=True)
  File "vapoursynth.pyx", line 1368, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__ (src/cython/vapoursynth.c:22272)
vapoursynth.Error: matrix: output bitdepth not supported.
And if I change that line 32 by 16, now I get the following error:
Code:
Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: knlm.KNLMeansCL: VapourSynthCreate error (clBuildProgram)!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "vapoursynth.pyx", line 1469, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript (src/cython/vapoursynth.c:23703)
  File "/media/TEMPORAL/scrypt.vpy", line 59, in <module>
    spt = core.std.CropRel (core.knlm.KNLMeansCL(padding(clp,24,24,24,24), 0, 24, 4, h=3.2),24,24,24,24)
  File "vapoursynth.pyx", line 1368, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__ (src/cython/vapoursynth.c:22272)
vapoursynth.Error: knlm.KNLMeansCL: VapourSynthCreate error (clBuildProgram)!
I'll try to find a simple script that makes use of "KNLMeansCL" to determine whether it is working properly on my installation.

@jackoneill. Yes, I could render with less noise increasing the render samples. But it means much greater render time by frame. You can spend hours/days rendering a few seconds of animation. That's why we are interested in reducing noise to save time with less samples. So, if by using images with more color depth I can avoid banding, that would be great.
YAFU is offline   Reply With Quote