View Single Post
Old 19th July 2018, 22:28   #28  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
I think uninstall still deserve a spot in there. For example if I'm to uninstall havsfunc, I would like to remove all its dependencies as well. I don't want to hunt them down one by one manually.

Playing around with the install command, the success message can be little more informative like stating how many dependencies have been install from the command and stating the location of the installation paths.
The problem with uninstalling all dependencies is that then I need to keep track how things happened, not just what they are now. One of the advantages of my backwards approach is that you can simply drop all your existing things into the per user autoload directory and they'll be managed.

Uninstall would only be for individual packages if added but it's easy to do so it'll be in the next test version. Maybe an info command to show the used paths would make sense too.

So the only change you want is showing the number of installed/updated packages?