View Single Post
Old 29th June 2014, 10:05   #125  |  Link
Shiandow

On this page they mention "12 taps" NEDI, they also mention that they implemented some improvements by "G. d. Haan" which makes me think that they are using the version described in this paper. Unfortunately most of their changes are just too expensive to be implemented on a shader. They increase the window size and also increase the interpolation order which means that you have to invert an 8x8 matrix. Given that it is nearly impossible to even multiply by an 8x8 matrix I don't think that this is feasible on a simple shader, maybe it could be implemented in OpenCL but I doubt that it will be faster than just using NNEDI3.

Edit: on an unrelated note, I'm investigating a way of shuffling the pixels around which should make it possible to skip some calculations (in a way that actually improves performance). I'll report if this had any success later.

Followup: It didn't work, for some reason you can't branch when one side of the if statement contains texture calls. Or at least I couldn't find a way to do so.

Last edited by Shiandow; 29th June 2014 at 13:14.
Shiandow is offline   Reply With Quote