View Single Post
Old 13th March 2007, 11:09   #35  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnezami View Post
Theoretically the Unit Key files could be the same for some discs aswell. But I don't know if they would actually do that (different vuks with the same unit key file lead to different unit keys, so they could do this since there is no tkfmac).
Hmm, thats a point that i have missed. Since title keys are random, this could happen by chance, but how big is this probability? Maybe a second file should be used in addition to create the title hash? I'm open for ideas.
Quote:
What should we do if there are multiple title key file btw? (for hd dvd only I believe)
For HD-DVD Advanced Content the VTKF000.AACS is still a good choice, for HD-DVD Standard Content i use the only present TKF VTKF.AACS.
Quote:
Is there a specific file format you're going to use?
For now, the database format is not nice, but sufficient enough. For BluRay i will only change the key entries to be consistent with the HD-DVD format (i will store both keys in one db), that is adding a key type flag (V = VUK, U = CPS Unit Key) and numbering the CPS Unit Keys like the Title Keys. When its time for Sequence Keys i think we should think about a new format, the current one can only store one key type per entry, for Sequence Keys you would need two lines, with redundancy of the movie name and so on, thats not so nice.

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote