View Single Post
Old 19th March 2015, 18:57   #286  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes. I agree that theoretically, you can resize the video and then restore it to its normal display ratio with the appropriate SAR value. But it's not what youli wants. And anyway, resizing the original video two times to restore the 1:1 pixel AR implies a (small but useless) quality loss. I see no advantage in doing that.

But youli has made a hit with his third suggestion (about the MKV compatibility options). I am currently testing these options, and indeed, with that options, my Samsung TV is much more rapid when it loads the movie for the first time. (It has to seek to 4 points in the video to generate the thumbnails of its pseudo-chapters, and that takes ages.) Therefore, I wonder if I should enable the 3 parameters suggested by youli by default. (It will of course be possible to disable them.)

Anyway, I want to thank youli for having pointed this out. I was not aware of these options, but I have always been frustrated by the time needed by my TV to begin the playback of a 3D MKV. I know now why it's so long. :-)