View Single Post
Old 26th May 2022, 17:00   #12  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

It is my understanding that bitRate and quality of Digital Terrestial TV radio channels, is higher than that of DAB/+ radio.

EDIT: Back in early 2000's, I was doing a short electronics course, and in an hour or so, knocked up a sorta AM crystal radio set (just knocked up what I thought might work, using a variable capacitor from an old transistor radio, and about a 60 foot antenna {bit of wire}), and managed to pick up a single station, speaking [very very faint] in some kind of Indian lingo (maybe Urdu, Hindi, or something).
I was overjoyed as I thought I had picked up a signal from a distant continent. Alas, turned out was some Indian radio station broadcast from a mile or two up the road.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
The most popular SDRSharp on Windows is closed source and not that good for it's popularity. I like https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel but there is very big fragmentation of software/tools, depending what you want to do. All in all for very cheap you can get a nice toy to play with.
Thanx, I'll give SdrAngel a bash.
Nearly broke my RTL-SDR already [only got it yesterday, 9 day delivery from USA], tripped over the damn antenna wire and bent the USB type A connector, now juts out at about 20 [EDIT: 15] degrees off intended.
EDIT: Think I'll hav'ta use a short, 9 inch USB extension with it, so that it has a 'straight pull out' separation when I next trip over the damn thing.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 28th May 2022 at 18:03.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote