View Single Post
Old 26th April 2005, 16:13   #69  |  Link
nnigam

OK. I have learned a lot here. A brief delay while I had to remove a very persistent virus on my pc that just refused to go away, but now I am back in business.

I process my 720p using dgindex, convert to 23.976 using fdecimate since they happen to be 3:2 format. I convert to avi using vdubmod and everything is in perfect synch. I convert to m2v using quenc and then run dgpulldown to convert to 29.97, and covert to dvd using muxman. Again everything is in perfect synch. I then open the puldown m2v file and the ac3 audio in Mpeg2Schnitt to cut the commercials. First problem is that there is no place to put the audio delay. Even in Mpeg2Schnitt I can see audio synch errors greater than would be caused by the delay alone. I tried the original 23.976 m2v, and I still have audio errors. I then tried delaycuter utility on the audio with both the original and pulldown m2v and I still have audio synch errors. Pulling the audio into gspot, It says the audio frame rate is 31.5fps. Somehow this synchs with the 23.976 or 29.97 pulldown audio and sitll maintain perfect audio synch while cutting causes audio errors.

I read somewhere of a utility that will take the cut list from Mpeg2Schnitt and perform the same cuts in the audio seperately. I will look for that and try again.