View Single Post
Old 21st September 2008, 22:09   #595  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tima View Post
Some timecode-related issues:

1) I demuxed an AC3 stream from some MKV file, then extracted timecodes for it. When I try to remux this AC3 to separate MKV with it's own (well, corrected) timecodes, after the process completion mkvmerge warns me that frame count in AC3 is greater then count of provided timecodes.
I cannot reproduce this. I always get exactly as many timecodes in the extracted-timecodes-file as there are frames in the extracted AC3 file. Muxing the extracted AC3 files with the extracted timecodes does not result in a warning.

Quote:
2) I demuxed two AC3 streams and two srt subtitles from the movie to separate MKA file. Now when I try to extract timecodes for any of these two AC3 streams, mkvextract returns a file with header only (no timecodes at all)! When extracting timecodes for these streams from the main movie, it works OK.
Are you perhaps using the wrong track IDs during extraction of the separate MKA files? They're definitely not the same as they're in the "big" original MKV file.

Quote:
3)From mkvmerge documentation:

Code:
In this format each line contains a timecode for the next frame.
Shouldn't 'next' be 'current' here?
Depends on your point of view I'm more of a "the next frame that will be read" person than a "I'm working with the current frame" thinking person. Anyway, each frame gets one timecode from the file.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.