View Single Post
Old 24th December 2015, 09:39   #726  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the result of your test. Very useful for me.

Yes, decoding speed doesn't matter much. And that kind of test has been made in non-standard conditions, so you can't really extrapolate the real speed of the decoder in normal circumstances. There are benchmarks on the Intel's site pretending that the decoding in hw mode is thousands of times more rapid than in sw mode, but in practice, the gain is only a few %, and the benchmarks are mainly ads for the Intel processors.

And yes, you can also use Pistacho's MVCSource, but you need to install his BDtoAVCHD, and you should take care. Not sure if that bugs have been fixed, but the last time I've checked it, MVCSource had big problems, notably with a periodic inversion of the left and right views. Also, I don't use it myself and I can't give support because I don't know it sufficiently. It appears in the choice of the MVC decoders when BD3D2MK3D detects it, just because I wanted a simple way to test it, and because BDtoAVCHD users may want to use it.

And yes, theoretically all decoders should return exactly the same clip, so if you don't change other settings, the final MKV should be strictly identical in all cases.

Now, the question is: Should I make FRIMSource the default decoder for BD3D2MK3D? Previously, it was less stable than MVCSource, but currently, it seems better. Therefore, I may change the default setting in the next version. Anyway, that setting will not change for existing users, if it has been saved in the config file.

[EDIT] I've reported the problem again at Donald Graft (here). I hope he will find the solution.
@Pistacho: Can you help him?

Last edited by r0lZ; 24th December 2015 at 10:32.