View Single Post
Old 27th November 2016, 23:35   #40803  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_OS View Post
Since NGU doesn't benefit from SuperRes, is possible/useful to apply SuperRes only to the last upscale step (Jinc/C-R etc.), after NGU?
Might make sense right now, but probably won't make sense in the future, because in the future NGU will probably be able to directly upscale by 3x or even 4x. So there might not be a "last upscale step", anymore, but when using NGU, the last step might always be a downscaling step instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotik View Post
Here is a small sample, notice how the 3D effects of the movie cut through the 3D subtitles, this is happening during the whole movie and it doesn't matter whether I use xySubFilter or the MPC-HC internal sub engine.

Sample was done using latest MakeMKV and then splitting it with latest MKVToolNIX.
Thanks, will have a look at this when I find some time. Not sure when that will be, though.

Might make sense to add a bug entry to the madVR bug tracker, just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uoppi View Post
Does "NGU = Jinc" etc. in the OSD mean madvr is reverting to Jinc instead of using NGU (for whatever reason)?
Not enough information. Can't say anything unless I see a screenshot of the OSD, or at least the full scaling related text lines from the OSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
Have you noticed high CPU usage when using NGU? https://i.imgbox.com/CNYlkAXK.png I have i7 5820K so it is ~88% of thread power so not much left here.
Somewhat strange. You're not using the "ShowRenderSteps" empty file hack, are you? Do you use custom flush settings?

And this problem only occurs when using NGU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austonrush View Post
Here are 4 samples. I've found adding grain to SD content really helps remove the proccessed look. I'm using level 2 in these images.

I'm also NOT using smoothen edges for SD content it is not required. It is required for HD...

Which one looks best to you? I should mention I'm getting a much better render performance with ngu low versus nnedi3 128 with SR3
Don't see too much of a difference, to be honest. These images are really small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
Is that workaround still present?
Yes, and it's impossible that it hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDongerr View Post
My eyes are pretty sensitive to motion judder. Mind you, my projector does 23.976 fps and I am able to playback my content at the proper FPS (i believe it is correct anyway) with 0% clock deviation from player to display. However, my white-whale exists as a video signal that looks like film with the motion smoothness of 60hz/120hz but without that fake-plasticky-SOE. My projector, even at the lowest CMD (clear motion-drive) setting, looks like a mexican soap opera. Even with an Oppo 103D blu-ray player, I still experience the same (if not more) judder than when playing movies from my HTPC -- therefore I sold it.
So you don't like the normal 23.976fps judder, and you don't like the JVC motion smoother, either? That's a problem. I suppose there might be motion smoothers which are better than what the JVC does. But I'm not sure if it's possible to make motion smoother without getting the soap opera look.

I suppose you could try to play with SVP or BlueSky to see if they produce something you like better. SVP has a ton of settings, maybe one of them does what you need?

Or maybe what you need is a selective motion smoother which only smooths camera pans/zooms, but nothing else? I'm not sure if such a thing exists, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo91531 View Post
test @GTX1080 & RX480

I think NGU is like NNEDI3+SR ,but NGU rendering time is less than NNEDI3+SR
Good comparison, I like that you're not using chroma doubling. It shows that you know what you're doing...
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote