View Single Post
Old 12th September 2022, 20:05   #115  |  Link
Cyber Akuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by candela View Post
I haven't looked at Libredrive in a while but from what I remember it doesn't disable host certificate revocation. It creates custom commands to retrieve the VID and to disable the bus encryption on the drive so the host certificate is not needed.

VLC doesn't know about Libredrive. It doesn't know the custom commands to get the VID and to disable the bus encryption (and the drive certificate will still say the drive supports bus encryption). So VLC tries to retrieve the VID and RDK (for bus encryption) using the host certificate and fails because it's been revoked by the drive.
I see, so unless the VLC team adds support for that Libredrive work-around then it doesn't help whatsoever to have Libredrive bypass all of this when trying to play them in VLC. I recall reading there is a way to make VLC use MakeMKV itself to decrypt and play the disk, but IIRC that requires having MakeMKV running and that program isn't free.

Quote:
If you managed to play those UHD before, VLC should have cached the RDK and you should still be able to play the disc on that specific drive you played it before (if you flashed the firmware the RDk may have changed, I'm not sure about that)
I didn't unfortunately, Sonic 2 was the first UHD I attempted, I was testing if the latest UHDs could play and was not aware that the disks could revoke licenses like that.

I don't suppose that the cached keys in the keydb.cfg file are in any way the same format as in VLC and that I could somehow import them or insert them into whatever file VLC uses to cache UHDs?