View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2020, 07:03   #7  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_simon View Post
I thought the point of including an internal avisynth with megui was so that it could be a self contained portable package. If it's necessary to install avisynth in the system then it defeats that point.
It's not necessary to install Avisynth, but it's a way to auto-load plugins, and in my opinion it's a good idea anyway, because then you're free to open scripts with programs that aren't MeGUI, while MeGUI can still use it's portable Avisynth.

I assume you saw a reason for breaking complete portability here, but out of curiosity, why is it an issue to autoload avsi files? I have roughly 50% more avsi files in the auto-loading folder than dlls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_simon View Post
I'm really surprised this info isn't more readily available (and that nobody on this board knew the answer) but I'll go ahead and answer my own question for anyone who might want to know. I discovered this my examining an avisynth script created by MeGui for encoding an audio file.
Believe it or not I had intended to mention those functions in my previous post, but I couldn't remember the exact function names and I didn't find the link before something else distracted me.

If you look at an existing Avisynth page on the wiki you'll generally find newer Avisynth+ functions/arguments have been merged into the existing pages, but for some reason not plugin loading. This page explains how Avisynth+ does it, but it probably should be merged with the original plugin loading instructions, or the original should at least include a link....
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AviSynt...gin_Autoloader
There's additional pluigin loading methods you might find useful too.

If I remember correctly, ClearAutoloadDirs() and AddAutoloadDir() are something MeGUI only use for audio encoding (to load functions not included in the Avisynth+ dll) and doesn't physically add them to scripts, so their effectively hidden from the user without reading the log file.

Last edited by hello_hello; 22nd November 2020 at 07:09.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote