View Single Post
Old 24th August 2014, 05:39   #59  |  Link
Thalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I don't have Winter Soldier, but if I can buy it, I'll have a look, especially at subtitle #5 of track #6.
It's not that important. More a curiosity than anything else - but it's not a bad movie if you like the comic book adaptations. If you watch the "Agents of SHIELD" series than it could be worth it, since it shows a lot of what season 1 eluded to.

Alternatively I could just upload the subtitles and the corresponding plane somewhere, so you can have a look at it. So much the better if I can find a tool which actually allows me to screenshot PowerDVD for a reference frame (any thoughts?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
You told me that "sub 5 is obviously further separated when viewed through PDVD". That may mean that PDVD doesn't skip the first and last frames when it computes the depth to use. If the Depth values in the 3D-planes for that frames (skipped by BD3D2MK3D but not by PDVD) are higher than the depth of the other frames, PDVD will use the higher values. Have you noticed if that subtitle appears just after or before a cut, or if the depth of the scene changes abruptly at the very beginning or end of the subtitle? If it's the case, we have the explanation. And we can discuss the interest to skip the first and lest frames if you wish...
I'm not 100% with my movie terminology, but the camera angle definitely abruptly changes shortly before (around half a second) subtitle #5 (starting from 1) comes up. I'm guessing that's the type of "cut" you're referring to. I wouldn't put it past PDVD to be taking the laziest possible approach to figuring out the depth, so it may well be that it's only taking the very first depth value for each sub and never looking at it ever again.

If that is the case, perhaps a user-selectable "ignore window" would be the easiest solution? Have it default to the current value, since it seems that is going to work most of the time, but allow the option to use everything for these fringe cases. Or just ignore Cyberlink completely, of course.