View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2014, 19:50   #52  |  Link
Thalyn

I don't mean to derail the conversation, but a slight curiosity has come up which I'm hoping r0lZ (or someone else) can clarify for me: when you get the 3D planes extracted for the subtitles, how do you determine exactly which one you should be using to process the subs?

Reason I ask is I just picked up Winter Soldier, and the results I'm getting don't match up with PowerDVD. Basically I opened the playlist (.mpls) with tsMuxer and had a look at what the appropriate track's plane was listed as (track 6, plane 6, both starting from 0), then used that to process. It's fairly close on the first sub (hard to tell for sure since the disc tells PDVD to go 2D when paused), matches on the next few, but sub 5 is obviously further separated when viewed through PDVD. Being the stickler that I am, the resulting output is annoying because it's not identical to what I'm expecting - though it's still perfectly watchable.

Curiously, to me anyway, opening the ssif instead via tsMuxer gives a different 3D plane (plane 0). Using the plane suggested there, however, quite clearly shows up incorrect for one of those early subs.

Of course, that all assumes Cyberlink isn't doing something silly. They could be adding to the depth or multiplying it for all I know, and I've actually got the subs correct. Though the same process seemed to work just fine for The Wolverine, giving matching results, and World War Z looked pretty close if it wasn't the same.

Last edited by Thalyn; 22nd August 2014 at 20:19. Reason: track & plane numbers