View Single Post
Old 21st August 2014, 09:44   #45  |  Link
frank
Banned

@IanD
Quote:
The reason for doing this is to test whether it is possible to create a sharper image on a relative's LG passive 3D display than using the usual Half T&B approach, because that does look soft compared to Half SBS, even though theoretically it should not.
HTAB is not the cause. You didn't say what player you used.
If it was PowerDVD than you are right, the picture is softer. They stream their HDCP mess trough the whole system, and it needs some time until decoders are selected and the picture is displayed. Furthermore it seams the Half-TAB picture is resized to full size and THEN every second line is selected!
Maybe other players are not better.

Test Stereoscopic Player with HTAB. It is able to output line interlaced 3D from HTAB content to HDMI. You have to setup the player manually. You'll get pictures with full sharpness! I cannot distinguish it from full 3D Frame Packed BD content on my passive display. Every coded screen line is properly displayed. I hope your LG TV operates with the same HDMI 1.4a procedures.
The only thing: Stereoscopic Player uses about 95 % open source (ffmpeg, dshow, MPC-HC...) - and they want money!

Last edited by frank; 21st August 2014 at 09:48.