View Single Post
Old 15th April 2011, 15:28   #1  |  Link
alexh110

Filter to remove duplicate frames

Hi,
I was wondering whether there's a Virtual Dub filter or an AviSynth script that will automatically discard duplicate frames?

I need it to fix some flv files where the timing speeds up and slows down continually. If the duplicate frames were removed, and the frame rate then adjusted, it would run at roughly the correct speed.
Hope that makes sense!

I can do this laboriously by splitting the video to an image sequence, then uising Clone Remover to delete the duplicate frames, then renumbering the remaining frames, and recompiling them into a video.
However it's such a longwinded method that it's not realistic to do all that work, given the number of files I have to fix!

Ideally I would like to find a media player that will do all this automatically, so that I don't have to create new video files at all. I can just playback the flv files I have, and the media player will fix them on-the-fly.
However I suspect that's too much to hope for!

N.B. There is audio on these files; but I don't particularly care if the audio is lost. Only really interested in the video stream.
alexh110 is offline   Reply With Quote