View Single Post
Old 9th November 2013, 04:34   #10  |  Link
Frankenscript
Longtime Lurker

LordX2:
In MPC-HC/LAV (though I don't use MADVR yet), I most often get subs showing when I DON'T want them... as in by default it seems to play any sub stream it finds. More on that in a minute.

But, if you are missing subs that should be there, try setting it to "Default" in the properties window. That should bring up just about everything, based on my experience. However, as I noted for kill bill, if the track isn't labeled either "default" or "forced" you may benefit from a quick remux with MKVToolnix MKVMerge marking the track with those attributes. I've found non-forced non-default marked tracks may be impossible to show otherwise using LAV, in my experience (though, other players may have no problem with them).

sneaker_ger: do you have any suggestions for what the optimal settings in the LAV splitter and subs filter windows would be? As noted above, most things I rip have a subs track that is the full english text of english language content. I still haven't found the optimal choice such that "usually, undesired full english text won't come up, and usually, forced subs (whether part of a "forced track" or forced parts of a complete track) show at the right places as needed." If I could get to an 80% spot where just once in a while I have to turn on or off subs, but it usually works kind of space, I'd be happy. Right now I'm sort of all or nothing. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Marc
Frankenscript is offline   Reply With Quote