View Single Post
Old 20th November 2012, 08:34   #34  |  Link
cretindesalpes
͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolak View Post
No- source is 4:2:2 10bit (most likely YUV422P10 color space).
So I need to add line with conversion to 4:4:4 before matrix?
Yes, just add css="444" in your resample line.

Quote:
Another question - how lossless is/can be YUV->RGB->YUV with your tool?
It's not lossless. For the matrix operation, it will be bound by numerical error noise. So the higher the bitdepth, the better. Anyway a 16-bit chain should be enough to process a 10-bit input.

And if you add inverse and direct chroma subsampling, it will add more errors because of the aliasing and the limited kernel bandwidth. Even using a very large kernel, the losslessness will not be guaranteed.

If you want more chance to recover the original pixels, dither with dmode=1 at the very last step. But if you inserted some operations in your processing like color or level correction, use a real dithering and forget about losslessness.

Quote:
If source is YUV will it stay in YUV for all conversions?
I'm not sure if I correctly understand your question. We now have real high-bitdepth and planar RGB colorspaces in Vapoursynth, so there is no need to use the same tricks as in the Dither tools for Avisynth. When you specify a RGB colorspace in matrix, the clip is really converted to this colorspace.

Last edited by cretindesalpes; 20th November 2012 at 13:36.
cretindesalpes is offline   Reply With Quote