View Single Post
Old 24th May 2004, 23:31   #467  |  Link
ursamtl

Quote:
Originally posted by kempfand
@ursamtl: Just had a quick look at your bidule and MatrixMixer group. 2 questions regarding Kelly's Bass Manager which you use inside the MatrixMixer Group:

1) The manual says: Wouldn't that mean that your current bidule sould only be used for listening, but not for Audio File Recording ?
kempfand, it depends what you want. I read the manual as well, and while I understand what the author is getting at, I want the low-end removed from the L, C, R, Ls, and Rs and sent through the SUB output. You'll notice I didn't connect anything to the LFE input because I want Bass Manager to trim the bass under the chosen crossover frequency from each channel, sum it and route it through the SUB output. In effect, I'm using this to generate an LFE channel. Obviously, people who don't want this should remove the bass manager altogether.

Quote:
2) The manual says (and I can confirm this by a quick test I made): I.e. Bass Manager's Pin-Out #4 is the SUB ... But: Your Matrix mixer assumes Pin-Out #4 as Surround Right (SUB on #6).

Not sure, but I think something is not correctly linked.
Thanks for pointing this out. I did my bidule using the Bass Manager beta 0.3 that I downloaded from Needful Things as part of the zipped VST plugins. I see now that the latest version switches to the ITU standard of L, R, C, SUB, Ls, Rs. I did update to SIR_1005 from the old SIR_086 that was in the zip file but I didn't realize that Kelly had updated their VST. Just goes to show that it pays to keep an eye out for updates.

Thanks,
Ursa

Last edited by ursamtl; 24th May 2004 at 23:34.