View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2022, 01:22   #19793  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Please don't take down your builds. Without your builds we would not have SMDegrain and other tools. These are still your builds. I did not create them, you did. I just stripped down the files to the core of what you created. My links are purposely only valid until the end of January. If I've offended you by posting them I'll take then down now if you like. These are based on your work of course.

Might I suggest three builds.

SMDegrain Only: Stripped down so it does not overwrite any RB files and is a tiny download.
PD Tools and Scripts: Stripped down so it does not overwrite any RB files.
Full PD Tools and Updated Tools: Your full build that replaces the RB Tools folder.

It would also be interesting for you to see what build users pick. I think the SMDegrain only will be fairly static and not have to be updated often. The other two builds will require more of your meticulous attention.

I would use your "PD Tools and Scripts" version as I focus more on "It just works" kind of thing. Not overwriting any RB files will minimize problems. But I also don't get the improvements either. It would be nice if Atak keeps x265 and other important tools updated more often.

Please don't be discouraged. You've added a lot to RB and it is greatly appreciated.
Hey Ryushin, don't worry too much that I have temporarily taken them down, it doesn't mean yours will suddenly stop working

Having said that, I did decide to do that before I downloaded and unpacked your stripped down options, upon opening, I realised I was kind of wrong for thinking that, as I really couldn't see any changes, but one major omission in the "full" build.

See, this is why feedback is SO important, out of the 100's of downloads, hardly anybody leaves feedback..... are they having problems or not, who knows, so if rlev11 hadn't commented on the setup problems he was having, I would never have known,
as I haven't had these problems, and tbh, I can't figure out why he had problems with the "full" build a couple of weeks ago.

I know why he had certain problems with the "lite" build, but that was my fault for not testing with a 4K clip.

What needs to be done is a very thorough set of install instructions for first timers (and experienced users), so that will take a little time to get right. rlev11 has even offered to help with that, if needed.

As for 3 variants, I think that is a little bit of overkill, I think that a revised "Lite" build is good for ppl that only want the basic SMDegrain experience, and then the "full" build is for the user that wants to try & use MANY, MANY filter options, with no real limits.

As for overwriting the original RipBot folders & files, this IS necessary for the "full" build to be able to use all the resources that SMDegrain requires, and up to date as possible.

So many components within RipBot are very old, and some are probably even redundant.

As I've said many times before, my builds do NOT require the original RipBot to be downloaded or "installed", they are standalone builds !!!

I don't know what more I can say.

But one thing I will say, is, I am working on more "special" filters, I added 3 yesterday, and probably a couple more today, so I haven't given up, I just need to rehash the current process.

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 3rd December 2022 at 03:02.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote