View Single Post
Old 20th January 2016, 19:50   #766  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamBIT_Rus View Post
Thanks a lot for such a big answer!
Briefly:
- Yes, I'd like to wait 20 minutes (or less if I use the SSD) if BD3D2MK3D will show me the much precise result with the subs. Perfect would be having a button like "analyse" or smth. I think it would save much more time than having the wrong rip.
I don't think I'll do that. It's totally useless, since you can already examine the subtitles with a player, as explained above, and much more rapidly. Also, it's a big work for me, and since you are probably the only guy who want that, I don't want to spend too much time on that feature. Sorry.
Quote:
- Would you mind to explain the difference between setting the checkbox "forced" on the real subs-channel, and choosing the fake forced channel below?
It's also something I have already explained two times. "Forced subtitles only" extracts the forced subtitles from a stream authored with method 1. The "Forced" flag instructs BD3D2MK3D that ALL subtitles of the stream (made with method 2) are forced. Re-read my two previous posts for more info.

Quote:
- Do I have to choose any subs-stream in tab2 if I only want to hardcode one of the streams? Will BD3D2MK3D always demux that stream if I choose it to hardcode?
No, and yes. Tab 2 is used to specify the streams to mux in the final MKV, and the Hardcode subtitle option is independent. Normally, when you hardcode a stream, you should not tick any subtitle stream in tab 2. (But BD3D2MK3D will automatically ignore a stream selected in tab 2 if that stream is used in the hardcode option.) Of course, to mux or hardcode it, a stream must be and will be demuxed.

Quote:
- If the second subs-stream contains only the forced subtitles (maybe not marked as forced but that type only) than do I have to set the checkbox "forced"? Will it give anything else besides the flag "forced" setted on this sub in mkv?
No. If you hardcode the stream, setting the Forced flag as no effect. Again, I have already explained this.

Quote:
Also I I've noticed, my TV(at least) will not give the ability to select the subs if at least one has this forced flag - usually that's enough to mark such stream as "default". Forced flag often makes the other streams unchangeable for the hardplayers. Even more, any subs from BD play never on my LG, only textual SRT, that used to find for compiling the mkv. That's why I want to hardcode the nice raster subs from BD (forced of course).
Forced doesn't mean that the TV must display it. It's a bug of your TV.

And indeed, most hardware players (including my Samsung TV) can only display SRT files (and usually only if they are outside the MKV container). And most other players display the 3D subtitles in 2D, and you end up with two little 2D subtitles instead of a single 3D subtitle. It's why I hardcode also often the subtitles when the audio is not in my native language. It's the only way to obtain good 3D subtitles regardless of the player you use.

Quote:
- Would you mind to explain the figures of additional depth of hardcoding subs? What means every step? How much the depth could be, how much pixels will be shifted to gain the depth and so on. Will it make the 2D raster subs the 3D?
Normally, you should leave the additional depth to 0, at least if you convert an original stream from the BD with the right 3D-plane. However, in some rare cases, the subtitles are too close to the objects, and give the impression to stick to them. In that case, adding 1 or 2 pixels of additional depth might be a good idea.

When you convert a stream for which the 3D-plane is empty or when you don't have the 3D-plane, the additional depth is the only way to force a global depth for all subtitles. In that case, unfortunately, you have to guess what depth you should use. Personally, I try often 8 as a starting point.

Negative values are behind the surface of the screen, and positive values are toward the spectator. Usually, the values in the 3D-planes are between -6 and 30, but of course, that depends of the 3D effects of the movie.
Quote:
- Is it possible to know what settings would be in h.264 if I code Full O/U with the forced to L5.0 compatibility? For ex, [veryslow]+[compatibility 5.0] how much the reframes will give? and so on. Now the only way to me is to wait for the process ending.
Thanks.
You can specify any additional argument for x264 in the "Additional options" field of tab 4, including the number of reference frames. But you have to be cautious and not give incompatible arguments. x264 may issue a warning or, in some cases, refuse to work, but most of the time, it will accept your settings, and produce an odd h264 stream. Personally, I think that the default options are very good, and I use the preset Slower most of the time. IMO, there is no need to specify additional parameters.

Anyway, please post questions about x264 and h264 parameters in the relevant forums. I'm not an expert in encoding, and much more knowledgeable peoples can reply if you use the right forum.

Last edited by r0lZ; 20th January 2016 at 19:52.