View Single Post
Old 30th August 2014, 08:32   #80  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.47

This one is not a bug fix! ;-)

It contains several improvements. Notably, the 3D planes are now saved in the MKV, so that you can redo the 3D conversion of your 2D subtitle streams without having to demux the whole BD again. That may be useful, for example if you need to fix some subtitles with wrong depth values or if you want to include a new subtitle file. Of course, if you want the possibility to convert the 2D streams later, you must select the option to mux them in 2D as well as in 3D (the "both" option in tab 2). Note that the 3D-planes are extracted from the MVC stream only when at least one subtitle stream must be converted to 3D, because it's a relatively long operation. If you have not selected any stream or if you mux them in 2D only, the 3D-planes are not extracted, and, of course, not included in the MKV file.

I have also added a new tool to extract the attachments from the MKV files (because MkvExtractGUI2 has a bug that has never been fixed, and cannot extract the attachments).

There is also another new tool to extract the non-forced subtitles only from a XML subtitle file (in 2D or 3D). I have written it because I have hardcoded the forced subtitles of Avatar on the video, but I wanted to keep also the full stream. Since it doesn't make sense to display the forced subtitles over the hardcoded ones, I needed a way to remove them. Since that may be useful to others too, I have implemented it as a new tool.

The other improvements are minor things. For example, you can now check if a new version has been released, and when it's the case, you have the option to download it.
Quote:
# v0.47 (August 29, 2014)
# - Added the information about the subtitle streams and their 3D-planes in the 3D-planes.log file.
# - The 3D-Planes files are now saved as a ZIP attachments in the final MKV file.
# - New Tool: Extract Attachments from MKV file. (Requires mkvextract.exe or the MKVToolnix package.)
# - New Tool: Extract Unforced subtitles from XML/PNG. (Handy to hardcode the forced subs and keep the other ones in a muxed stream).
# - Added "Check for update: in the Help menu
# - Tool -> Convert Subtitle to 3D (with 3D plane) requests now the language name when converting a SUP file and the language code is not present in the file name.
# - Added a "?" button in tab 2 to display help on the DTS conversion to AC3 and to check if the ArcSoft DTS Decoder is installed and working properly.
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z