View Single Post
Old 17th January 2018, 03:28   #446  |  Link
Asmodian

I am happy to answer OLED calibration settings here or even better the Calibration Thread in General.

I still use the 3DLUTs myself, I simply removed them from the settings.bin because users couldn't save their settings without deleting or changing the entry for my display due to missing my 3DLUTs. I have found that the newest Calman is much better at creating 3DLUTs for madVR, it is very good now without a lot of tweaking needed. Of course it is pretty expensive, but it has been a relief because I was never quite satisfied with the behavior near black when using ArgyllCMS, Argyll is very good otherwise but it takes a lot more experimentation. I did find a significant improvement near black after switching to a calibrated i1d3 instead of using my i1pro2 (obvious in retrospect), and a calibration is lot faster too.

For my calibration 17 is crushed into 16 but otherwise it is very good, I am quite happy with it.

The biggest requirement I discovered is you have to defeat the forced low power mode, if the brightness doesn't change enough for 60s (or similar) the TV lowers brightness which completely messes up a calibration. I play a video on repeat behind madTPG to keep the TV awake. I also use a smallish pattern and very low brightness (OLED on 18 for ~100 cd/m^2 at 100% white) which keeps the other power limiters from kicking in.

edit: calibrating this OLED has been much easier than plasma was.

Last edited by Asmodian; 17th January 2018 at 04:12.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote