View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2017, 20:21   #43469  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien147 View Post
Look what happens here.Notice the blue line on the bottom.I just clicked on the upscaling algo and it opened behind the window,not in front to choose.It seems that if I click on OK after clicking edit settings problem gets solved though.
That almost looks like an OS bug to me, but I'm not sure. Have never seen this effect myself yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
Nope, it's not tearing (at least i think). I disabled VSync but problem persist. I've no GSync/FreeSync.
I'm on fullscreen exclusive mode, i'm on an MSI R9 270X.

It's more like a "video interference" like when you have a phone near the monitor, don't know how to explain.

I solved this in games, (during night this was more evident) by switching monitor to 60 to 75 Hertz. I had it in the black bars in the movies too. But this solved it. But problem persists in video portion of screen.

It's something like this, i found it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho10KBYr1pQ

But it's more flebile than this.
Some thoughts on what this could be:

1) Maybe your HDMI cable is bad. Try a newer/better one.
2) Maybe your GPU's HDMI output is broken. Try a different output port.
3) Maybe all your GPU's output ports are broken, you could try a different GPU.
4) Maybe your TV is broken.

This problem does not seem to be madVR's fault, from what I can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akim View Post
Nice render thanks
1. When viewing the avi. (Lav - avcodec)
I would like to optimize memory consumption (reaches 500 MB) with the default settings
if possible.
2. When entering the full-screen mode and the output, the chip and memory frequency rises to a maximum (1000 Core - 1200 memory) for 10 seconds then falls to 300Mhz Core - 150Mhz Memory
Evr keeps the frequency always 300 - 150Mhz
Is it possible to correct this behavior?
Why are you worried about memory consumption or short term chip/memory frequency? These things are not really very important.

FWIW, chip/memory frequency probably rise for a short time when switching window size or entering full-screen because madVR has to re-render the internal queue, and it does so as fast as possible. I don't consider this behaviour a problem. It works as intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-XP View Post
did you remove an anti-aliasing feature between v0.91.1 and v0.91.8 for NGU Sharp ?

Here is NGU Sharp high v0.91.1 VS v0.91.8 where this problem is very visible
Wasn't NGU Sharp "high" in v0.91.1 the same as "very high" in v0.91.8? If so, comparing this isn't very fair, considering that "very high" consumes 2.5 - 3x as much resources are "high".

Quote:
This problem is less pronounced with NGU Sharp very high, again v0.91.1 VS v0.91.8 :

Is it possible to improve this ?

The source I used for the 4K upscaling :

It is extracted from this calibration video : http://www.mediafire.com/file/z65th6...alibration.mkv
Quote:
v0.91.1 (NGU-med) / v0.91.7 (NGU Sharp high) / v0.91.8 (NGU Sharp high) :

Going back to v0.91.1...

Source extracted from http://www.mediafire.com/file/z65th6...alibration.mkv :

If you want to test it, you need to upscale it to 4K.
Will have to double check this, when I find some time. It's possible that the change to target middle ground between linear and gamma light produces this change. I'm not sure how much I can improve this. All the current NGU versions are in rough shape and will be further fine tuned in the future, but I don't expect dramatic improvements, just minor improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgh View Post
3D "jumping" and MPC-BE freezing after stopping playback...

Hi, I have set up a small media PC with a Kaby Lake Intel i5 7200U and HD Graphics 620 in Win10x64...
to ensure whether the Setup works, I have basically used the madVr Defaults (like Cubic scaling), just to make sure it works in principal with MPC-BE...

after some trouble with MPC-BE due to lacking Admin rights (not able to wright its ini-file), 2D full HD works (on a FHD Screen; mkv-files);
but 3D does not. the TV is switched to 3D but the movie is constantly "jumping" back a few Frames "every second", so the Picture is very jerky; I have defined a hot-key for closing MPC-BE; if i use this, MPC-BE freezes (does not happen with 2D material); the only way to come out of this is to shut down the Computer;

here the statistics:
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1492903440.jpg

can anyone give me a hint how to overcome this?
I think the statistics doesn't indicate that the Hardware is not able to do 3D-mkv...?
Unfortunaly 3D output requires D3D11, and for some users, using D3D11 with Intel GPUs results in this "jumping". I've not yet found a way to fix it, probably because I can't reproduce it on my old HD4000 GPU. I have a new Kaby Lake PC sitting around here, maybe I'll be able to reproduce it with that, then maybe there's hope to fix this, but I can't say for sure right now. FWIW, this problem does seem to be limited to Intel GPUs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingtong5 View Post
Actually I am never able to make a screenshot when CTRL-J is enabled, since the screenshot will always be a black screen. But anyway, I made a picture ;-)

So the display is in 1080P50 and if I understand correctly from the CTRL-J information, madvr is still upscaling to 4K while it should not. Am I correct?

As you can see only about a quarter of the image is displayed on the display because of the unwanted upscaling from 1080P to 4K.
The media player seems to have its window sized at 3840x2160 pixels, for some reason. I don't think it's madVR's fault. Right now I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about it. You could try creating a debug log, with the Ctrl+J OSD turned on, then maybe I can say for sure which size the media player window has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonQ View Post
Since I swapped out my R9 270 for an RX 480, I get loads of "presentation glitches", but no dropped or delayed frames and queues are all at maximum. Any settings not compatible with this kind of GPU that I need to check for? I'm not using GPU for decoding or anything and GPU usage is ~10% during playback according to MSI Afterburner. My monitor is set to 144 Hz, and smooth motion is enabled. I get the presentation glitches constantly when I have MPC-HC in a window (even when the video is paused) but they only seem to appear if I activate/hover over the UI when in fullscreen mode.
144 Hz with smooth motion FRC is pretty difficult for windowed mode. I'm surprised you had no presentation glitches with your R9 270. This is what fullscreen exclusive mode is made for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingtong5 View Post
When trying to skip 30 seconds or 10 minutes while playing 4K H265 files in Kodi Dsplayer 16.1 sometimes the screen turnes completely WHITE. Is this a known issue in Madvr? Or maybe its a Kodi issue? Video is still playing cause I still hear sound.
I don't think it's a madVR issue.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote