View Single Post
Old 24th January 2018, 02:10   #1395  |  Link
Rexian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
The FS format is very special, and many players do not support it. It has been implemented mainly for some old projectors that do not support SBS or T&B.

Have you tested Full-SBS with your TV ? If it has frame buffers large enough, that's probably the best solution. (It's the case of all UHD (4K) 3D TVs, but unfortunately, many standard HD TVs do not support the Full formats.)
Yes, just tried now. Started the conversion last night after posting here. The file looks good with resolution 1920x2160, encoded at CRF 20 but doesn't play well in mpc-hc or mpc-be.

For some reason it doesn't take the entire width of the screen so after switching the TV to 3D-TAB mode manually, it shows good 3D but only for the center area with vertical black bars on both sides. So left it at that yesterday.

Today tried playing on the TV (LG E6) directly using the Emby app and the TV recognized it and switched to 3D mode automatically but with the vertical bars on the side, just like mpc-hc. So, the TV can handle 3D-TAB it seems but the players, both on PC and TV, are trying to maintain the weird 16:18 aspect ratio instead of 16:9 per eye. Am I missing any key configuration for TAB conversion? I checked the BD option, wonder if that could cause this.

Here is a screenshot.
http://i63.tinypic.com/250mn0n.jpg