View Single Post
Old 18th September 2017, 10:48   #1242  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have noticed several times some problems with the original (2D) subtitle streams, especially in Asian films. They contain often bad or empty subtitles, that can and should be removed. Also, BDSup2Sub merges identical subtitles if the gap between them is very short. So, I've decided to load and save the 2D subtitles anyway, just to clean them up. It's also during that first conversion that BD3D2MK3D analyses the stream, determines if there are forced subtitles, and see if the stream can be directly converted to 3D.

However, using the 2D version saved by BDSup2Sub may be a bad thing in some precise circumstances, notably when two (or more) different subtitles are displayed at the same time. It seems that the standard version of BDSup2Sub cannot properly handle them, as it removes the two subtitles. If you want to avoid this, you can try to replace BDSup2Sub.jar with the fork developed by Scorpius666 and available here. Or, if you are confident enough, just use the demuxed stream as it is. (It's the stream without the 2D or 3D extension in the BD3D2MK3D project directory.) Since you don't need to convert them to 3D, the original stream should be OK if it is displayed without problems when you play the original BD.

I haven't written MVCPlanes2OFS.exe myself, but I helped its author. The problem is that the detection of the SEI messages is fairly basic, and I cannot assume that the extraction works correctly when used on a complex file with a lot of multiplexed streams. So, IMO, extracting the 3D-Planes from the SSIF or dependent M2TS may work fine, but it may also fail, depending of the mux and the situation. It is at least safer to extract them from the demuxed MVC elementary stream, so it is a good idea to do it.

Last edited by r0lZ; 18th September 2017 at 22:26. Reason: Link to the BDSup2Sub enhanced fixed. See 2 posts below.