Thread: MVTools
View Single Post
Old 21st November 2004, 08:56   #29  |  Link
Manao

I could include overlapped motion compensation. It would need a change in vectors format, and it would slow things down, but it's possible. It's not on my to do list right now ( I'm trying to make the MVTools usable with avs 3.0 ), but i could add it once I resume the development of the filters.

For the stability of the vectors format, it could and may surely change if I add new features. I want to add 16x16 blocks for example, and I may add new values to those already computed.

Anyway, that's why I made an interface to use those vectors : I derived a class GenericMotionFilter from GenericVideoFilter, and inside, there are all the tools needed to use motion vectors. And it should ( at least I hope ) be transparent if I update the format.

However, you'd need to include a lot of files ( Fake*, GenericMotionFilter.*, MotionParameters.*, portability.h, MVCore.* MVFrame.* and MVAnalysis.* at least ).

Finally, I don't have an internal global motion estimation.

Before you try to use the motion vectors, it'd be better if i try if they can be easily used outside of the MVTools. I'll try that in the next day and report to you.
Manao is offline   Reply With Quote